We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cozumel blues

texas
Level Contributor
109 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
cozumel blues

I feel like singing the cozumel blues today... I really miss that place. I am not sure I have ever missed a place before. First time to go this year and I don't ever want to go anywhere else now.

MKE
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: cozumel blues

Got that too. What I find helps:

Making plans to go back down in the first week of November.

Boston...
Level Contributor
69 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cozumel blues

Second week of November for me. And I couldn't agree more about those blues...

Burleson, TX
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cozumel blues

November is TOO far away. Some time in September. And as far as the blues - it gets worse the more you go.

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cozumel blues

My friends, this is known as "Cozumelitis." No cure for it! We've been warning all you first timers about going. You're also known as "Cozaholics."

Mine is so bad, that I usually start to cry on takeoff back for home. The last time, I just thought about "disappearing" before we left for the airport!

YOU, only THINK you're blue.....I have totally lost my mind!

I've also begged to live in someone's back yard or patio, but no takers yet!

Edited: 28 June 2011, 22:31
Fairfield
Level Contributor
84 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cozumel blues

This will be my 4th trip in two years. I somehow managed to get 24 days off and I am spending every minute in Coz.

My son is visiting my in November and my plan is to go to Curacao just to force myself to go somewhere different. I might end up in Coz again though.

I leave on Friday and I just about can't stand it anymore.

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cozumel blues

I am now a 4 times a year junkie. I have travelled a lot in Mexico but Coz is good for me.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
164 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cozumel blues

Our next trip to Coz will be our 20th! Each time I have cried as we pull up and off the runway....except this past Jan!! The reason: we were going back in March, just 5 weeks away! THAT IS THE ONLY time I have not cried! We used to think those who went the same place year after year on vacations were crazy not to try other places. Well, we have tried lots of other places and Coz is the best for us! As soon as we return home, I start looking at tickets for the next trip and then read this and all the other boards to keep me happy!....KnMexico...WELCOME to the Cozumel Blues Club, Cozumelitis Club, etc! You are now a true Cozaholic! Welcome to THE CLUB from all we other Cozaholics!

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cozumel blues

Phew, I thought it was just me. I live, breath, and think Coz all the time. I got back in May but I am already depressed. Looks like we will be going back in Dec. Fingers crossed!

Millersburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
450 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cozumel blues

We were last on Cozumel in December and I bought plenty of things to decorate my new office so I would always be reminded of my favorite vacation spot. It is an addiction! :)

While working on my computer, I face a map of Cozumel that we had framed, I stare at the painted feathers we bought near the square and then I have a turtle I bought off the wall at Rock 'n Java that was done by a wonderful metal artist. A few other things thrown in and I feel good.

Then of course there are the daily checks of this website just to see what is happening on the island. My husband wants to try some other places so we will do that and then I will remind him of our relaxing time on Cozumel and back we will come.

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cozumel blues

I love seeing everyone else being "sick" just like me.

My sister and I, while sitting in the lobby of El Coz, look on Orbitz for our next trip! Now that's bad.

But at least I know that there's many of uf "sickos." Lord, don't cure me. ha ha.

My hubby and I have tried every way we can think of to move to Coz, or at least a few months at a time, but we just can't make it happen. He's had heart problems for many years now and he was told recently he now needs a heart transplant. We still go! El Coz makes him just as comfortable as anyone can possibly be.

I'm making plans now with my "Sis" to go back Aug 1-8th. Crossing my fingers.