We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4th of July celebration

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
39 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
4th of July celebration

Cozumel is hosting a 4th of July celebration Monday evening from 5-9 p.m. in the main square (Benito Juarez). There will be family activities, music, food and drinks (for sale), a short program where the mayor will acknowledge some of the contributions of the American community followed by fireworks.

Lees Summit, MO
Level Contributor
482 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4th of July celebration

Do they usually do this? We were there last year on the 4th but I didn't hear anything about it. Oh, how I wish we were there now!

Shreveport...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 4th of July celebration

We were also there on the 4th last year. All I remember is no one being able to serve alcohol because it was election day. :-(

I'm looking forward to the fireworks this year, though!

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4th of July celebration

I wish we were there also! I'm so "homesick" right now. I really miss my friends there, even though it's been just a few weeks.

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4th of July celebration

We've been to Cozumel the last 4 years for 4th of July and this is the first year they've had this. We will be there manana and plan on attending.

Cozumel
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 4th of July celebration

this event has happened once before, I'd say about 5-6 years ago. It was run by some civic minded Americans who lived here.

Why wouldn't our US Consulate have organized this event? It is important to all Americans regardless of where they live.

As to the location...I had no idea that the "Square", "Clock Tower", "Centro" had a specific name...now we know

Edited: 02 July 2011, 17:02
North America
Level Contributor
616 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 4th of July celebration

Good point, Coz2wonder - I always have known it as the Square or Centro and everyone seemed to know what I was talking about!

7. Re: 4th of July celebration

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 11:17