We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Coz Beach??

Spring
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Topic
El Coz Beach??

Is this beach really nice..meaning you can swim in water and walk along beach? I stayed at La Ceiba previously and was very disappointed as there is really no beach and swimming.

Burleson, TX
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Coz Beach??

Yes, you can walk along the beach very easily. Some of it is elevated, but not a problem. There are some rocks when getting into the water, but there are definitely spots to enter without the rocks. About 20 or so feet out, it is all pretty sandy.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,898 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Coz Beach??

"really nice"

Not sure I would say really nice. You can walk quite a ways either way, but the entry points are limited.

Its not a long 'swimming beach' if thats what you are after. The entry points are limited, but do exist. its not a gradual sandy entry for a long stretch, more like openings in the rocks to get in - but hey the snorkeling is good.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
509 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Coz Beach??

I think the beach is plenty nice. Yes, there are some rocks but we had no problems finding decent areas to enter. The best thing to do is take along a light weight pair of water shoes. Then you can enter wherever you want and have no worries about rocks.

Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Coz Beach??

I think the beach was awesome! The snorkeling was amazing! It is rocky but crystal clear, water shoes will be helpful! Enjoy!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: El Coz Beach??

We thought it was amazing! The rocks sre not a problem at all. I never wore shoes in there. And it's fun to jump off of the pier.

If you walk up and down the beach don't do it around dusk/sunset. The bugs will eat you alive!

Take a light and go night snorkeling. Fun!

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: El Coz Beach??

"Really nice" can mean different things.

One thing I like about it is when walking down the beach, there's great views and picture ops. It's soothing and I could just sit there all day and watch the water and waves just south of the hotel.

Snorkeling in front is really good and have some nice little creatures to see. Don't forget your camera for snorkeling!

If you take a walk down the beach, don't forget your sandals or water shoes, because there are tiny little shells and pieces of shells and tiny things that can make it uncomfortable on your feet.

texas
Level Contributor
109 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: El Coz Beach??

i loved the beach and the snorkling. We didn't ever go out there at night not sure why but we didn't. We would snorkle all day and I guess we were tired at night. Next trip we will... Have a great time.

8. Re: El Coz Beach??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 11:17