We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for Honeymooners

Toronto
Level Contributor
385 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel for Honeymooners

My fiance and I are thinking of making a 2 night stop in Cozumel during our honeymoon next month. We'll be in Mexico for a total of 2-2.5 weeks and staying in Cancun, Isla Mujeres, and Playa Del Carmen, so why not throw in a couple of nights in Cozumel!

We'd like an adults only atmosphere - but that doesn't mean it has to be quiet. We are open to a boutique hotel, or all inclusive. Please offer your suggestions.

P.S. We are not big on snorkeling or scuba diving, but would like a nice beach. Being close to the "downtown" area would be good too.

Thanks!!

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
816 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for Honeymooners

Cozumel Palace is very nice and located on the outskirts of Downtown. It is not adults only but I wouldnt expect it to be overrun with kids.

Aura is adults only and located on the beach but it is well outside of town on the Southern end of the island.

Playa Azul would be another option to consider. It is only a few miles outside of town and has a small beach. It is a smaller hotel that while not adults only, would not attract many families with children.

Check these places out and figure out what best fits you.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for Honeymooners

Close to town will not equal a nice beach. I vote for Playa Azul too. Also check out the Presidente.

Toronto
Level Contributor
385 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for Honeymooners

Great list to get me started on!

Are these AI or boutique hotels?

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
816 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for Honeymooners

Coz Palace and Aura are AI. Playa Azul is more of a boutique hotel, although they recently have begun to offer an AI option.

I should have noted in my previous comment that Coz Palace does not have a natural beach.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,251 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for Honeymooners

Some of your Boutique Hotels here are:

Hacienda san Miguel

Villas las Anclas

Casita de Maya

Casa Viento

Vista del Mar

All are listed here on TA as well in the hotel section.

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel for Honeymooners

Playa Azul would be tops on my list. If you want a nice one in town, Villas Las Anclas was very good. (No Pool)

Casa Viento has a nice honeymoon suite.

Art

Toronto
Level Contributor
385 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel for Honeymooners

Art! You were very helpful to me when we were trying to decide which hotel to stay at on Isla Mujeres! Thanks for chiming in.

When I first made the post this morning I had not done any research. I've started to look into some of the suggestions now.

Maybe you guys can help me out - What is the layoout of Cozumel? Where are the "nice beaches" (north, south, etc) and where is "downtown"?

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel for Honeymooners

Although, I think Playa Azul is a good place, but at times, I've seen that beach area, with a lot of kids, especially on a Sunday. I don't know when you will be traveling to Cozumel, but I wouldn't recommend it, for that reason.

Presidente is a great place, but it's far from town.

Although, I haven't stayed at Aura, it gets good reviews and they are adult only, BUT far from town, as already stated.

I would suggest Hotel B, formerly Fontan. They are just about to finish their total renovation. They are boutique and I expect will be a nice, quiet place. I would stay there myself. It will have a small beach area though.

The above suggestions already given are all good places.

Have a great trip!

Toronto
Level Contributor
385 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel for Honeymooners

Vista Del Mar looks like a good location....is the beach swimmable there?

Toronto
Level Contributor
385 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel for Honeymooners

oh my, I think I have fallen in love with Hotel B.