We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condo Info

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Condo Info

Just curious who has rented condos in Cozumel, where and how much? We just returned from an AI and would like to try renting a condo next time.

Edited: 05 August 2011, 16:41
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condo Info

Take a look at VRBO.COM. Condos can vary from 50 a night in town to 500 a night in some of the nicer larger oceanfront buildings. It depends where you want to stay, how many rooms and location.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
919 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Condo Info

We have rented great condos in Cozumel. the lower end but incredibly nice was CasaMartillo (www.casamartillo.com) located in Corpus Christi it offers 1 and 2 bedroom units with pool and daily maid service. The higher end was El Cantil right on the water. Just google "El Cantil" and lots of options will show up. It is a beautiful condo. There are many others I am sure others will chime in.

Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Condo Info

Check your private messages.

Warning about sending an email to VRBO.com - I've done this in the past and haven't had any luck getting a reply. I only sent them the one unanswered email but I now get a few a month that are nothing but junk email. Just so you know.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Condo Info

DW,

When I have used VRBO their email have always gone into my junk box, I thought I was being blown off and then I looked in there and found my responses. You are correct that like most of these booking sites they will send you all kinds of junk mail after you open pandora's box.

Edited: 05 August 2011, 16:58
Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
816 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Condo Info

We have rented a condo in Nah Ha once and we be renting in Cantamar next month. Great deals on condos during low season. We did our recent rental through the same website that zman referred VRBO.com. I dont think I ever sent an e-mail to VRBO.com...I thought everything went directly to the owner. Their phone numbers were included in the listing. We used At Home in Cozumel when we rented previously and had a good experience.

I feel renting a condo is an excellent option. Most have all the ameniites of home with housekeeping services several times per week. The restuarants in Cozumel are a big part of the attraction for us so an AI is unthinkable and you can rent a condo for less that what an oceanfront room costs at many hotels.

Now that our preferred hotel is no longer in business, I suspect we will be renting condos moving forward.

Edited: 05 August 2011, 17:04
The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Condo Info

I'm actually in a VRBO. We rent condos all the time - this is the 10th year of coming to Coz. I wouldn't want it any other way anymore.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Condo Info

my favorite is Marazul - north end, a few buildings north of the Coral Princess. google Marazul condo cozumel. 3BR, 3BA. reasonable price, great view, wonderful snorkeling by jumping off the seawall, fantastic housekeeping. in short, it's heaven. I'm heading there for the 6th or 7th time in October. can't wait.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
919 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Condo Info

We have used VRBO.com and Cyberrentals.com for vacation rentals in the US and in Mexico. Both were great, dealt directly with the owners of the property never used a site owned address or phone number. I would not hesitate to use either site. No additional spam or problems at all.

Texas
Level Contributor
533 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Condo Info

We have done

Cantamar

Miramar

Nah Ha

We book through Isabella and she is FANTASTIC and she is also right there on the island with you and checks on you. Send me a private message if you want her contact info.

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Condo Info

We rented the same condo for 5 years at el Cantil before buying a casa. We rented directllyfrom the owner on their website. It's a 4/4 unit that they also rent as a 2/2. cozumelparadise.com is the website and the unit we always stayed in (direct beach access to Palapas) is Casa del Mar.

There is also a great restaurant on the 9th floor with the best view imo.