We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how early to check in Maya Air in Cancun or Cozumel

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
882 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
how early to check in Maya Air in Cancun or Cozumel

Hi. I just emailed Maya Air to ask how much time they require to customers to be at the airport before departure, but thought I would ask here too in case someone happened to know. Also, I see the fare is $48, wonder if there are taxes added to that? Can't get any farther in the reservation without handing over the personal info. Thanks!

FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
882 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how early to check in Maya Air in Cancun or Cozumel

I should add that the Cancun to Cozumel leg would be preceded by our ferry coming over from Isla Mujeres, so customs and immigration would not be an issue.

North America
Level Contributor
615 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: how early to check in Maya Air in Cancun or Cozumel

There is Mexican tax added to the amount, works out to about 6 or 7 dollars one way as they bill in pesos. Your credit card will convert the amount. Maya Air is a small operation, I know people who have gone with minutes to spare, but a half hour is more than adequate.

Liverpool, New York
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how early to check in Maya Air in Cancun or Cozumel

The Maya air site states 45 minutes.

North America
Level Contributor
615 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: how early to check in Maya Air in Cancun or Cozumel

I guess the site states 45 minutes, but having flown them a fair amount, a half hour is more than sufficient, especially if you have pre-booked. If you are just showing up to see if there are seats available for a particular flight you want to take that day, , then yes, it may be a good idea to allow yourself some additional time. Once you are checked in, you sit in a small waiting area. There is only a vending machine if you want a drink or a small snack.

Edited: 07 August 2011, 18:18
FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
882 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how early to check in Maya Air in Cancun or Cozumel

Thanks! That is very helpful.

6. Re: how early to check in Maya Air in Cancun or Cozumel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 21:17