We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurricane Irene a Plus for Cozumel

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,550 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Hurricane Irene a Plus for Cozumel

Irene is boosting cruise ship arrivals due to the cruise lines routing ships away from the hurricane. At last count, it looks like at least 5 unscheduled ships will call at Cozumel this week. A nice boost during this slow time for cruise arrivals.

oz
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hurricane Irene a Plus for Cozumel

i was wondering about that when I saw the path it was taking. Its about time Cozumel gets some good luck!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,550 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hurricane Irene a Plus for Cozumel

Yes, really. It helps many. A good friend is a tour guide with Island Tours and with the number of cruises down, he has had little work. This will help him and many others very much.

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hurricane Irene a Plus for Cozumel

That would be very nice, but according to API, Oasis of the Seas has cancelled its Thursday arrival (5400 people) and Freedom of the Seas is here today instead of Friday. That would be a net loss. There are no additional arrivals on API's list -- now at 9 for Cozumel and 1 for Calica week 22-27 Aug.

Would love to hear different!

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hurricane Irene a Plus for Cozumel

OK, API just posted 4 additional arrivals at Puerta Maya this week! But they list 4 ships there tomorrow -- don't think that's physically possible....

Edited: 23 August 2011, 19:36
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,550 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hurricane Irene a Plus for Cozumel

I based my information mostly on what I saw here but dont claim to be a local cruise ship expert :

…usatoday.com/cruises/…

However, I have no reason to doubt this is a reliable source.

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hurricane Irene a Plus for Cozumel

I need to know about such changes. Thanks for that link, Robert.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,550 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hurricane Irene a Plus for Cozumel

Did you look at Carnvals site? It might be of a little help. Hope you findhtt the info you need. And do hope its a net gain for Cozumel.

www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx…

8. Re: Hurricane Irene a Plus for Cozumel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2012, 22:16