We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking distance to ferry terminal from Cozumel Palace?

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
847 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Walking distance to ferry terminal from Cozumel Palace?

Sorry for asking this question, I have searched many satellite maps of the area and they all seem to have the same image with a big cloud just over that area? I'm just wondering how many city blocks or maybe just how long it would take for two relatively healthy late 40's couple? I assume there is a sidewalk with shops between each point but not sure due to the google map view and the cloud?

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
847 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking distance to ferry terminal from Cozumel Palace?

Our main destination is Wet Wendy's actually but I think I know the distance to there from the Ferry terminal.

Thank you!

Washington State
Level Contributor
109 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking distance to ferry terminal from Cozumel Palace?

I am going to say fifteen minutes if you don't shop your way there. It's a very nice walk and lots to see and do on the way there.

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking distance to ferry terminal from Cozumel Palace?

Wet Wendy's is much closer to the terminal than the Palace is.

WW is on 5th Ave. Norte bet. Juarez (the east-west street that lines up with the ferry pier -- happens to be pedestrians only in the area you'll use) -- and Calle 2. That's one long block to the east to the corner that has Centro Commercial Joaquin and the 7/11 and about 3/4 of a short block north. WW is on the west side of the avenue.

Cozumel Palace is south of the ferry pier -- follow the waterfront street. Distance is approx. 8 1/2 city blocks. If you go there directly from the ferry, you can hire a tricycle guy to take your bags all the way to the hotel -- he works for tips only. Taxi for 2 from the ferry to Cozumel Palace could run from $5 to as much as $10US -- they really know how to charge!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
847 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking distance to ferry terminal from Cozumel Palace?

Thank you both!

Actually we are flying to Cozumel, I just asked because we love to go for walks and want to take the ferry to Playa. OH and we really want to go to Wet Wendy's too :)

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking distance to ferry terminal from Cozumel Palace?

If you're walking from the Palace to WW during the day, there's a shortcut. Go north along the water to Punta Langosta mall and cut through -- there's an exit to the parking lot on the north side of the mall -- just past the CI currency exchange. Walk through the lot to the Calle 7 exit and go east (right) to Ave. 5. Follow Ave. 5 north (left) through the plaza to WW. This avoids 90% of the store & timeshare hawkers on Melgar.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
847 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking distance to ferry terminal from Cozumel Palace?

Thank you for the tip!

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking distance to ferry terminal from Cozumel Palace?

From the airport to Blue Angel is an hour plus.

8. Re: Walking distance to ferry terminal from Cozumel Palace?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 11:18