We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

orbiz/AA flight question, ferry question

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Level Contributor
943 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
orbiz/AA flight question, ferry question

Solo travel coming up. Looking at flying into CUN on a Thursday so I can have an extra full day on the island for my long weekend get away.

AA lists a flight that arrives at 2:05 pm in CUN (on orbitz)

The problem is that when I go to AA site they flight is listed but when I select it, it tells me it is no longer available.

I have not tried to buy it on Orbitz yet.

I don't know how this works. Is it not available on AA because Orbitz owns the last 5 tickets? or if I buy them on Orbitz am I gonna get bumped to the 8:30pm arriving then I will be in a a crazy mad rush to make a ferry in time. Not sure I want to chance that stress solo traveling.

So when is the last ferry from PDC to CZM?

Any advice?

Gracias

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: orbiz/AA flight question, ferry question

I think the last ferry is at 10pm. I would call Orbitz and/or AA to get the best answer.

oz
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: orbiz/AA flight question, ferry question

call the airline . Have you purchased your ticket yet? If yes just call the airline.

Michigan
Level Contributor
943 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: orbiz/AA flight question, ferry question

called and booked it. they charged me $25 extra to do it on the phone with them but I was like this is what I want so YES! I haven't been on the island in almost 2 years and this will be my first solo trip! So excited and a little nervous all at the same time!

Kent Island...
Level Contributor
478 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: orbiz/AA flight question, ferry question

AA offers a good fare from BWI by flying into cun and out of czm

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,219 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: orbiz/AA flight question, ferry question

Really?? They charged extra? Geez. I booked our last vacation with AA and tried and tried to do it online (at the speed of dial up, no less) and finally gave up in frustration when it didn't even work at work. I called and they booked me, no problem...but that was AA Vacations. Maybe the difference.

When we were there in May, the last ferry was at 10, and that's the one we ended up on, after landing at 2:05 pm. Cancun immigration can be a crazy long wait, so have a book or something to keep you entertained. :o)

MinneSNOWta
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Alexandria
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: orbiz/AA flight question, ferry question

I am just thrilled that it is booked and that I get to spend some time with my gal pal turquoiseblue! No matter how you get to the rock, I will be there to get you!!!

7. Re: orbiz/AA flight question, ferry question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 03:17