We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stainless cookware, where to buy

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Beaumont, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Stainless cookware, where to buy

I will be in Cozumel on 11-4-11. Is there any place to purchase stainless cookware, of good quality and at a good price? Does anyone know if Mega or Chedraui carry cookware. I will be looking for Al Clad, Bon Jour, or similar type of brands. A 10 piece set is what I will be looking for, or if I could find individual pieces, will work also. Thanks for any information.

New York
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Stainless cookware, where to buy

Most of the stuff is thin aluminum, some is coated with enamel.

You can try at SAM's. They do have some cook sets that didn't look to bad., and industrial type frying pans.

Also, you can try at Kelly's Bar and Grill. Gene's wife sell cookware to mostly to restaurants, and discerning individuals and has her office there.

You would order the pieces you want.

Beaumont, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stainless cookware, where to buy

Thanks, I need stainless due to my cooktop is an induction and will not work with anything that a magnet will not attract to.

Thanks again

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stainless cookware, where to buy

Well, here's a cunundrum! Not all stainless cookware will attract a magnet. I have all-clad and a magnet is only attracted to the bottom, which is a multi-metal sandwich. So you need to test before you buy.

Most of the stainless I see for sale here is single-wall and unclad. As stated, Kelly's wife Alma may be able to help you. And you may find better quality at City Club in Playa, by ordering online from Sam's Mexico, or in Cancun at Costco, Sears or Liverpool (Plaza Las Americas shopping mall -- you can get there by bus from Playa.)

Do you have any neighbors here who own induction cooktops? Maybe they can tell you what works for them.

Best advice is to bring a couple of basic pieces in from the States if you can.

Edited: 09 September 2011, 02:33
ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stainless cookware, where to buy

That's Gene's wife (Gene Kelly)...

Beaumont, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stainless cookware, where to buy

Thanks you for your help. I will look at the places you recommended and try to get with Gene's wife. I have never met anyone else that owns an induction cooktop. I would like to meet someone and find out what they use.

Thanks

indiana
Level Contributor
184 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Stainless cookware, where to buy

I have an induction here in the states and I love it. I use the Tools of the Trade Basics brand from Macy's, and it works really well. That won't help you much in Coz, but I do suggest putting a magnet in your purse while shopping. Some brands do attract the magnet better than others. Cast iron will work also, but I don't use my cast iron skillet very often because I'm afraid of scratching the glass. I love the easy clean up of the top.

7. Re: Stainless cookware, where to buy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 18:17