We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour companies for the East side...

Middletown, Rhode...
Level Contributor
589 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Tour companies for the East side...

I'd like to preface this by saying how fun it is to be on TA again. I do not spend a lot of time here, until I have a trip coming up, then I'll always have a few new questions. It's fun and exciting to start planning the new vacation, isn't it? I have been coming here since 2003, and I just love this site. I know the Yucatan as well as I do because of TA peeps!! Thanks everyone!

OK, new question. We are a group of 11, and we're staying at Playacar Palace. We are going to take a day in Cozumel, and spend a couple of hours at Cozumel Palace, do some eating, drinking and snorkeling (not necessarily in that order.) I want to take my friends to the East side. I've been to Cozumel on several day trips, and spent a week there too, so I know the island fairly well. Does anyone know of a smaller, local's business that would take us bar-hopping/touring the South and East side for about 4 hours? I would drive myself, but I plan on having a couple drinks. I know there's a popular bar-hopping bus, but I wanted to have the tour to ourselves. Any suggestions?

The Original Salsa and Salsa
Cooking Classes, Sightseeing Tours
Tours Plaza - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Safe Tours Cozumel
Scuba & Snorkeling, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Archaeology Tours
Wild Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour companies for the East side...

With 11 people in your group, how about contacting the barhopping bus and see if you can charter it solely for your group on a specified day?

You may even be able to customize the itinerary if you're able to charter it for yourself.

Sorry I cannot provide you with the website of that company.

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour companies for the East side...

Or you can just rent a taxi van for the day.. ask the driver how much for x number of hours and tell him where you want to go... price is negotiable!!

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour companies for the East side...

www.cozumelbarhop.com/

It might a tight fit for 11 in a taxi van, but probably doable.

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour companies for the East side...

They do have 15 pax vans...

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour companies for the East side...

Oh. Thank you Linkslady. I do remember that now. Are there very many? Would you have to make prior arrangements for one?

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour companies for the East side...

I think they are plentiful ... but have not looked into renting one myself.. just see them all over the island. I belive most of them say "Island Tours" ..

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,405 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour companies for the East side...

Agree, a taxi van or an Island Tours van are you best option. They are separate operations but part of the same taxi union. If you want a taxi van from the Palace, the hotel would likely get one for you.(if any problem with that, just walk across the street to Chedraui were you will find a line of taxis waiting. If no van there just tell one of the drivers and he will call one for you) Just make sure they know your group size. The Island Tour vans operated primarily from the cruise docks and normally cannot pick up at hotels -- or the taxi guys will fill a complaint.

Believe this is your best option since the driver will customize the tour to your desires.

Edited: 12 September 2011, 17:20
Ontario
Level Contributor
7,382 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tour companies for the East side...

Tony Castillo - He was referred to me by another TA member late last year. He has a 12 passenger van. Great communications! Good luck whatever you chose to do.

marco antonio castillo lara<cozumeladventour@live.com.mx>

987 1111 224

Middletown, Rhode...
Level Contributor
589 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tour companies for the East side...

Thank you everyone!!

10. Re: Tour companies for the East side...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 06:16