We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Cozumel

MN
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Question about Cozumel

This may be a silly question to some, but where do you fly into when going to Cozumel? Do we fly into Cancun and fairy over or does Cozumel have an airport?

Texas
Level Contributor
399 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about Cozumel

Cozumel has an airport!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,119 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about Cozumel

The Cozumel airport is the oldest international airport in the area. It has been in operaton much longer than Cancuns. Fortunately, it is much easier to use than Cancun.

MKE
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about Cozumel

You actually fly into Cozumel.

After landing, everyone assigned their own personal llama.

Burleson, TX
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about Cozumel

Nobody gets a llama!!! We all get burros.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,119 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about Cozumel

And the burros are all members of the local taxi union.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
548 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about Cozumel

Good one Robert.

winnipeg
Level Contributor
65 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question about Cozumel

Personally, I wouldn't mind the burro....Nice scenery, take some time....only the luggage would be a problem......and of course the pooper scooper.....

cozumel
Level Contributor
4,060 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Question about Cozumel

Forget the burros.........take the fairies----they fly!!!

(sorry---couldn't help it)

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
443 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Question about Cozumel

OK, the OP is not being helped here. You can/or will fly in to either Cozumel directly (preferable for time savings) or you can fly into Cancun. See the right hand corner about getting to Cozumel from Cancun. Also, you need a spell checker as much as I do. Fairies, burros, and llamas - no one even mentioned the horse drawn carriage option.

MinneSNOWta
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Question about Cozumel

shannamm - a little bit of fun was had at your expense, llama's and burro's and fairies oh my!

Depending on when you are looking at going to Cozumel, you will need to look in different places i.e. Orbitz vs. Delta (et al). I hail from Minnesnowta as well, so if you let me know when you are wanting to go, I can try to help you with where to look (via internet) for airfare. Our options are somewhat limited out of MSP. Special Thanks to AA and CO for changing their connection times in their respective cities so that we midwesterners cannot get there in time.

So search MSP to CZM and see what you can find, then try MSP-CUN. If you fly to Cancun, you have two options 1)Mayair (puddle jumper to and from the island) or 2) Cancun to Playa del Carmen transportation (private or bus) and FERRY to the island. It is all about cost and time involved with the Cancun option.