We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

iberostar cozumel closed again

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
iberostar cozumel closed again

Have just read on another web site that the Iberostar Coz has been closed due to a health and safety problem Has anyone any more info?

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,082 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: iberostar cozumel closed again

We have heard about loose pool tiles cutting people's feet.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: iberostar cozumel closed again

Hi Wiganocean,

Where did you read this? We just booked the IB last night leaving March 11th....

Thanks!

Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: iberostar cozumel closed again

What web site was that?

Liverpool, New York
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: iberostar cozumel closed again

Hi Wiganocean, sorry I can't answer your question but I have a couple for you.

Are you flying from Manchester direct to Cozumel? How are the deals from UK to Coz? Can you avoid going through Cancun or London?

I'll be flying my dad out from Liverpool later this year, and I'd like to minimize the hassle for him.

Thanks. Have a great holiday. If you haven't been to Coz before, you are in for a treat - it's gorgeous.....

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: iberostar cozumel closed again

Don't know where that info came from, hotel's don't close because of a situation lik the tiles thing, they fix it.

I just got off the phone with Iberostar and the Front Desk has no knowledge of any closing, the Iberostar is open.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: iberostar cozumel closed again

Thank you Antonio! You are such a great help :)

Marinette
Level Contributor
17 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: iberostar cozumel closed again

We left Iberostar on Sunday the 26th and it was open and very busy. More rooms being completed and opening each day we were there, it seemed. It's also the first time we've been in Mexico and haven't gotten sick!!!

There were quite a few people who had gotten cut feet on the pool tiles, but they fixed them only to have them come loose again...

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: iberostar cozumel closed again

The website I read this on was

www.iberostar-board.com

Someone had booked with Signature Vacations and received infomation last night from their agent that the Iberostar was closed for health and safety reasons and they were given alternative accomodation.

I have been back on the site tonight, someone has posted that they are at presently staying there, so I am no wiser :(

Anyone else got anymore infomation please???

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: iberostar cozumel closed again

To BeCoz,

Yes we are flying from Manchester directly to Cozumel all 17 of us. However this is a package holiday booked with Hayes and Javis through First Choice. So far I don't think that there are any direct flights only. The majority are to Cancun.

Although I have visited a website saying that First Choice will soon be introducing direct flights from Manchester to Cozumel as from May (hopefully) Hope this helps! Sue

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,082 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: iberostar cozumel closed again

wiganocean, my suggestion is to call Iberostar. I was about to but Antonio did (local call for him). You should also be cautious in that there may be ignorance or deliberate misinformation that has the effect of making people rethink their trip to Cozumel. I would go tomorrow if I could and neither the reduced beach in some places, reduced foliage nor guys on the sidewalk asking me to buy something would not diminish me having a great time.