We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Got back yesterday from El Cozumeleno and Antonio is BACK...

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Got back yesterday from El Cozumeleno and Antonio is BACK...

We just flew home last night..boo hoo. Had a GREAT time. The resort is in great shape. The old tower is not fully open and they are still working on some of the rooms. All the pools are open, beach is nice but rocky, kids club is great, service is the best I have ever had (bring tip money they deserve it). The food was great and there was tons of it all the time. The drinks were flowing. The activities were fun. Got the chance to meet Antonio who was hired back at the dive shop. Very nice guy and is giving very accurate information! He deserves a medal for his great tourism information. We saw two of the Carnaval parades. One on Sunday night and the big one on Fat Tuesday. What a fun time. Very family oriented and everyone was having a great time.

Our room was on the 3rd floor and the view was great. The maid was great and left us big bottles of water every day. (tip them well they deserve it). The waiters were almost too attentive. They wanted your plate the minute you were done. (tip them well they deserve it). The waiters around the pool were at your beck and call with drinks. My kids learned quickly to order banana and strawbery daquires from the bar and waiters.(no alcohol of course). Everyone was always friendly and nice.

The ice cream machine was a huge hit and wow does that stuff taste GREAT! We were a large group of 21 of us and could get pretty annoying but they were always nice and accomodating. I would go back in a hard beat.

We went into town 3 times. Only ate out two times at the Sonoma(?) it was recommended by the guy at the Mini golf. (we dropped out some school supplies etc for charity there). He was extremely nice and helpful. Then we ate at Senior Frogs (had a few shots of tequilla since we were out with out the kids. Both places were very good.

I cannot recommend this place enough. Yes they are still working all over the place. Some nights the workers would be working until 10pm. One night they build a wall then used it the next night for the theme night. The theme nights were really fun and colorful. They even had childrens dance groups come in during the day and perform. Really fun! Every day it seemed like they would finish up another project and start a new one. Yes palm trees are stripped but they are replanting every day.

We took the Manta trip on Saturday and had a great time. They picked us up at the El Coz and took us to two reefs and a sunken ship. The first two were great but the current was too strong at the ship and we only spent a few minutes there. Then back onto the ship for a nice 1 hour (sailing) trip back to the El Coz with cocktails (strong ones). The crew was great and loved the Peanut M&M's I brought to share. We got a great picture taken of us underwater.

This was my first trip to Cozumel and I will be back for sure. It was a GREAT time and this resort if fabulous. I have never seen people work so hard to make sure you have a great time. I knew it was going to be a great week when as we were checking in a waiter approached us with a nice Pina Colada and pop for my kids. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask me. I will post more as I remember..

Sun Seeker

Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Got back yesterday from El Cozumeleno and Antonio is BACK...

Welcome home to dreary Minnesota! I've been waiting to see your "Minnesota Nice" report to get a true pictures of what we have waiting for us from Mar 12-18th! Now I feel like I made the right choice in hotel and destination..Thanks.

henderson
Level Contributor
787 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Got back yesterday from El Cozumeleno and Antonio is BACK...

Thanks for the info....17 days and counting....

Concord, North...
Level Contributor
942 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Got back yesterday from El Cozumeleno and Antonio is BACK...

PLEASE post this on the ElCoz guest book. I spoke with the Manager Jose' today as well as Pedro in reservations, and I am SURE it would be appreciated.

Claude Dill

Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Got back yesterday from El Cozumeleno and Antonio is BACK...

WOW!!!

I am excited for the first time since I booked the trip to El Coz. This is my first trip there, 6th to the island.

From your message things sound like there are running very well. I leave on the 24th of March and am spending a week there, I am going with a group of non-divers, but I plan on diving all the time, while they lounge by the pool.

thanks for the great update.

winnipeg
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Got back yesterday from El Cozumeleno and Antonio is BACK...

Leaving sunday and looking more to it now after your post..

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
270 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Got back yesterday from El Cozumeleno and Antonio is BACK...

Thank you for the great report! We are taking our whole family and assorted friends at the end of the month. Many of them have never been on a tropical vacation and we are SO looking forward to it.

A few questions: Are there blow dryers in the rooms? Any reason to bring an adapter for the plugs or are they the same as in the US? Thanks so much.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Got back yesterday from El Cozumeleno and Antonio is BACK...

Yes there are hair dryers and you may want to bring an adapter if you need a 3 prong plug in. I can't remember if they had 3 whole plug ins. We brought an adapter just in case. Also you may want to bring a clock for next to the bed there are none in the rooms.

Sun Seeker

Arkansas
Level Contributor
4,392 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Got back yesterday from El Cozumeleno and Antonio is BACK...

Sunseeker, are there palapias (thatch roof shade thingys) at the beach? My red headed sweetie has to be in the shade whilst livin' the Corona commercial. Thnks.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Got back yesterday from El Cozumeleno and Antonio is BACK...

Yes there are some and they actually built two more while we were there. You need to get down early though and put a towel or something on them since they fill up early and first.

Sun Seeker

harrisburg,pa
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Got back yesterday from El Cozumeleno and Antonio is BACK...

awesome you just made me very happy! The big question is: how is the beach? We are going in June?