We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stores Selling Wine and Soft Drinks Near International Pier

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
529 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Stores Selling Wine and Soft Drinks Near International Pier

Are there any stores (Mega, Soriani, etc.) selling Wine and Soft Drinks anywhere near the International Pier?

We are boarding the ship in Cozumel so are allowed to bring on both.

Thanks.

Ellen

New York
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Stores Selling Wine and Soft Drinks Near International Pier

There is a 7/11 and i95 store within viewing distance of International Pier.

Not sure of the selection, but it will not be the same as in the US...perhaps much better.

The stores you mentioned are about 4 miles, north our your pier.

Edited: 22 October 2011, 22:06
Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stores Selling Wine and Soft Drinks Near International Pier

Just curious... What ship are you embarking in Cozumel?

Toronto
Level Contributor
529 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stores Selling Wine and Soft Drinks Near International Pier

We are on the Norwegian Star. Most of the passengers will embark and disembark in Tampa and the ports are Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya and Cozumel with a sea day at the beginning and at the end.

However, we are booked with Sunwing Vacations which is a Canadian Tour Company and they have blocked a number of cabins for their clients, flying into and out of Cozumel. We like it because we will stay a week in Cozumel at El Cozumeleno Resort after the cruise. Always want a 2 week vacation and this way we get 2 weeks for a better price in a spot we want to be.

Works for us!

Ellen

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
548 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stores Selling Wine and Soft Drinks Near International Pier

I think you should call your travel agent and qualify that you can bring beverages on the ship when you embark. They will allow them on, but will keep them until you arrive in Tampa and then give them back to you. I have never heard of a cruise company allowing self serve liquor in your cabin. .....unless of course you sneek it on board.

Toronto
Level Contributor
529 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stores Selling Wine and Soft Drinks Near International Pier

No, we are not bringing hard liquor on board, just wine and soda which is allowed. We have to pay $15.00 corkage charge per bottle of wine . We know that and will pay when we board in Cozumel. Just hoping to be able to buy a couple of large bottles of wine since with NCL the corkage charge is $15.00 regardless of size of bottle. Too heavy though to pack in suitcases and/or carry/drag all the way from home.

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,040 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stores Selling Wine and Soft Drinks Near International Pier

FYI Norwegian Star has been docking in town at Punta Langosta, so you may not be at International Pier. If you go to PL, the Mega store is 1/2 block south of the pier and stocks what you're looking for. (And at PL, if you return to the ship within a couple of hours of final boarding, you should see me on the pier, so please wave & say "Hola!")

Edited: 24 October 2011, 02:54
Toronto
Level Contributor
529 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stores Selling Wine and Soft Drinks Near International Pier

Thank you. I noticed that the other NCL ships did dock in town but Norwegian Star is listed as docking at the International pier. Hope that you are right because it would be so much more convenient.

Curious - Why will you be on the dock after the final boarding?

Also, if we are sailing away I really should say 'Adios"

Toronto
Level Contributor
529 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stores Selling Wine and Soft Drinks Near International Pier

Oh, just noticed that you are an Emergency Health Care Worker so that makes sense that you would be in attendance until we are safely on our way.

Will certainly wave to you.

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,040 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stores Selling Wine and Soft Drinks Near International Pier

Sorry, I didn't phrase that well... I collect donations from passengers & crew members for Cozumel's Red Cross during the 2 1/2-3 hours before final boarding.

I don't know what the Cozumel pier schedule will be when you're cruising but Norwegian ships usually come to town. RCCL, Princess, and a few other lines keep the International Pier busy. This month, both Star and Spirit have docked at PL on Fridays, with Spirit departing an hour before the Star.

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stores Selling Wine and Soft Drinks Near International Pier

Thanks for the info! I know you can't bring liquor or cerveza but did not know about wine. I thought you might be allowed a bottle of champagne only, Be sure to say adios to ds2 and give her a few pesos for Cruz Roja!