We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery store status

North Carolina
Level Contributor
59 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Grocery store status

Yikes, we arrive on Saturday and I was wondering when the grocery stores will be able to restock? We are staying in a condo and eat most of our meals out, but it would be nice to be able to pick up a few basics.

Burleson, TX
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery store status

Restocking begins 11/21. ; )

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
548 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery store status

I suggest you bring your fishing rod. :)

I think I have a jar of peanut butter and a can of beans in my pantry.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
59 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery store status

Thanks for the encouragement! I guess I'll pack some peanut butter crackers. This may be our most unusual Cozumel trip yet.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
548 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grocery store status

I would imagine if the storm stays a TS that everything will reopen by the weekend.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
59 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grocery store status

I also think they will be open by the weekend. I just am not sure what will be left on the shelves. Can someone refresh my memory on what day of the week the supplies usually arrive?

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
548 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grocery store status

I think it's Thursdays, but I suspect there will be a special delivery of this weeks goods that they didn't ship.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,966 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grocery store status

I would expect the fresh produce sitting in the truck on the mainland to be "not so fresh" when it arrives later this week.

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grocery store status

Stores reported yesterday that they still have good inventories. Fresh fruit & veggies will probably be a "fuhgetaboudit" for the next 7-10 days. Cargo ferries left for Honduras on Monday afternoon (last fresh fruit delivery would have been last week) and weren't expected to return until Monday at the earliest. With the storm track doing a u-turn, their trip home may be pushed back.

MinneSNOWta
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grocery store status

2 TransCaribe vessels in today. Haven't checked the stores but guessing they got some schtuff in today.

New York
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Grocery store status

Chedrui's is loaded with FRESH veggie. The best mushrooms I have ever seen, tons of great carrots.

The meat counter is well stocked.

The seafood counter was a little lacking, but I still found Salmon, and King Crab legs.

Edited: 29 October 2011, 21:47