We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car insurance

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
Level Contributor
419 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
car insurance

i went to thrifty site as recommended here, and, also, as recommended here, i wanted to get all the insurances necessary, but the site never offered me the insurances???? they gave me a great rate, but o liablility or collision ins. options were given. did i do something wrong? thanks, grams98

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car insurance

you will enroll for the insurance when you walk into their office.

Illinois
Level Contributor
419 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car insurance

does anyone know a ball park figure for how much more than the base rental cost it will end up being? thaks, grams98

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car insurance

use the top questions to your right

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,775 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car insurance

You really have to search most of the sites to find this information. On the Thrifty site, on the page with options like car seats, just below click on "Terms and Conditions" and insurance is explained there.

For the Jeep we are considering, the Loss Damage Waiver had a $1500 deductible, so read carefully.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,866 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car insurance

Its usually double the price per car per day. Remember to ask the to see your third liability coverage in writing up front. Its usually 36k. Thats really not enough coverage for hospital and car damage to others. I would up it to 500k for 7 to 10 extra per day. Or get the entire 0 deductable package....

Edited: 30 October 2011, 20:40
Illinois
Level Contributor
419 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: car insurance

thanks so much--i go back to the thrifty site and keep looking--grams98

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: car insurance

the full insurance with zero deductible runs about $25 per day in addition to your rental. For us it has averaged $40 per day for an automatic with a/c including all taxes plus we use the $25 off a weekly rental from their website under international deals.

Worth it to get full coverage and no deductible.

Fort Lee, New Jersey
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: car insurance

Thanks for the tip Linkslady, I just printed the $25.00 coupon

9. Re: car insurance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2012, 05:16