We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saturday and Sunday Night in the Square

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,820 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Saturday and Sunday Night in the Square

The government is promoting an event in the square on Nov. 5 and 6 , which might be of interest. First on Saturday,a play will be presented by local youth . Following that, at 8PM, will be Flamenco Antal a group of 4 dancers, a singer and a flamenco guitarist.

On Sunday night at 8PM , a reggae music group appearing in Cozumel for the first time and featuring six musicians will perform.

New York
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Saturday and Sunday Night in the Square

Which "square"...there are two that are used for concerts, and performances.

Centro, and/or Palacio?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,820 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saturday and Sunday Night in the Square

The main square, in the center. The same one used for the usual Sunday night in the square event.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,820 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saturday and Sunday Night in the Square

I always forget to put the park name for the main square. It is Benito Juárez.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saturday and Sunday Night in the Square

These shows have been going on for the last 3 nights in the Parque at the Palacio. Very high energy and lots of talent being showcased. Kids from all over the south east region of Mexico

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,820 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Saturday and Sunday Night in the Square

Yes, I know about those shows and they are great. But this is not kids and is in the main square. Sounds interesting.

New York
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Saturday and Sunday Night in the Square

Pato 52 can you find out what this event is, where it/they will be and include who, what, when and where.

I think it will be interesting, if we had information.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,741 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Saturday and Sunday Night in the Square

Good question NewYorksparky.

"Kids" as defined in their 20's and 30's. Not per a news release and not actually seen in person.

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Saturday and Sunday Night in the Square

The events at the Parque QRoo (Palacio) mainly had to do with a sports convention that's here -- involving 2500 students, college-aged I think, representing 8 southern/southeastern Mexican states. The convention lasted 3 days and, as I understand it, closed last night.

The events at Parque Benito Juarez (main plaza) are part of the fall Otono Cultural Week, sponsored annually by a private organization; all events are free to the general public. The week was originally scheduled for Oct. 24-30 and dates were changed due to lousy weather.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,820 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Saturday and Sunday Night in the Square

Thanks for your definition of kids, Mark. The ones appearing in the main square are not kids by most any definition. You really have no idea what I have or have not seen.

Thanks for the good information, ds2. I knew the events at the Palacio was somthing to do with students but didnt know the details.

Edited: 06 November 2011, 02:12
10. Re: Saturday and Sunday Night in the Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 November 2011, 16:25