We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 nights- 5 dinners

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver
Level Contributor
242 posts
Save Topic
5 nights- 5 dinners

Per tradition, we have 2 nights covered already, with meals at Casa Denis and Guido's.

I'm looking for places that will satisfy both my husband's love for local cuisine, and my son's preference for steaks and chops.

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 nights- 5 dinners

You could throw in La Choza, our personal favorite, and since La Veranda is out of business, go to La Cocay and/or Kinta.

Our other favorite is Guido's, just make sure you don't try them on a Sunday.

Enjoy

Art

Washington State
Level Contributor
109 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 nights- 5 dinners

My vote goes to El Moro. Just got back Saturday and had a great meal once again at El Moro. I love the shrimp on the wire, garlic shrimp and the breaded shrimp.

CO, USA
Level Contributor
94 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 nights- 5 dinners

For your remaining three nights, my recommendation would be:

Del Sur Empanadas

La Choza

Especias

ENJOY!

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 nights- 5 dinners

Yeah, Del Sur has good meat...it's not just empanadas. We like Especias too.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
816 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 nights- 5 dinners

Your first two spots are a good place to start from. I'd add Kinta/Kondesa, a Taquiera (Los Otates, El Foco, El Pique, Los Sera, etc), and maybe someplace more lively like Wet Wendy's, French Corner, Money Bar, Mosiacoz, etc to keep things interesting.

Casa Mission would probably be the place that best fits what your son and husband are looking for.

La Choza and Casa Denis are very similar in cuisine so I wouldnt double up on those two.

Especias is a nice atmosphere out on the balcony, but I have never been terribly impressed with the food. I think the top rating has much more to do with patrons affection for Adrian (he is a charming guy) than anything else.

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 nights- 5 dinners

"Especias is a nice atmosphere out on the balcony, but I have never been terribly impressed with the food. I think the top rating has much more to do with patrons affection for Adrian (he is a charming guy) than anything else"

This might be the first time I agree with OlDad, but yes, atmosphere is good, food, over rated in my opinion. Also, Casa Mission is very good as mentioned by OlDad. Casa Denis, not a big fan.

Enjoy, you really can't go wrong with most of these, and you do have two good ones picked out to start.

Art

P.S. Also throw in the Blue Angel Resort restaurant next door if walking by.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
816 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 5 nights- 5 dinners

LMAO. Thanks Art!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,031 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 5 nights- 5 dinners

Another vote for LaCocay. If you want good steaks, many of the places mentioned really dont have those. La Cocay does.

I have to agree about Especias. I think the big draw is Adrian--more than the food. Agree , he is a charming guy and that often goes a long way in the restaurant business.

Katy Texas
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 5 nights- 5 dinners

Oldad nailed it with El Pique.. Get the Frijoles Especial...

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 5 nights- 5 dinners

Yeah...el pique. I like the bean soup and pork chops.