We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much is carfare to FA from airport if we walk......

West Virginia
Level Contributor
145 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How much is carfare to FA from airport if we walk......

How much can we expect to pay for cabfare to the Fiesta Americana if we walk out past the guard house and not catch the cab directly at the airport itself? We've done this in the past and saved a few $$. Thanks in advance.

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much is carfare to FA from airport if we walk......

I don't know if you would save that much $$ doing the taxi vs the shared van to FA. You will save time though by not waiting on the vans to fill up and then stopping at a couple resorts before FA.

Katy Texas
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much is carfare to FA from airport if we walk......

Just get on the van... Why add a bit more stress? You may save like 5 bucks...

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,939 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much is carfare to FA from airport if we walk......

$ 5 USD savings between two people sounds ball park close enough. More if you have three or four people.

If you want to do it...go for it. No stress. No "serenity now."

Katy Texas
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much is carfare to FA from airport if we walk......

We did it once, the walk and hail taxi technique that is. It was quite the adventure for me but I had to worry about 2 kids, 2 checked bags, 6 carry ons, one wife and one service dog... So I did proclaim, like George Costanza, Serenity Now!!!

5. Re: How much is carfare to FA from airport if we walk......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2012, 10:19