We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family resort

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
Level Contributor
334 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
family resort

We are thinking about going to Cozumel for our next family vacation. this will be our first trip to Cozumel. Looking for suggestions to a nice family resort. Nice pools, good food and spacious room and on a nice stretch of beach. We've stayed at Playa Del Carmen, and Puerto Morales in the past but are looking for something new for our next trip. Any suggestions will help

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: family resort

Resorts to the south have pretty beaches. Sabor, Aura, Allegro, Grand, Iberostar etc. Just know you'll be an expensive cab ride from town. FYI- Iberostar has small rooms. Not sure how good your food needs to be. IMO none of the AI's have very great food except Cozumel Palace and it is close to town w/ only a manmade beach. You can research the reviews on these resorts for more info. I hope you do go to the island...you'll love it I'm sure.

Iowa
Level Contributor
334 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: family resort

Thanks for the info. we usually don't leave the resort when we go. we just like relaxing around the pool/beach :-) but good to know on the taxi.

Ft.Worth Tx
Level Contributor
424 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: family resort

The Allegro has a big Kiddie Pool that is very popular with kids from 5-15.

Also the Allegro has probably the best beach of any resort on Cozumel.

The food reviews for the Allegro lately have been mixed. Rooms are on the small side too.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: family resort

We've stayed at the Grand and Allegro. The Grand has bigger rooms and better food. The Allegro is right on the beach, smaller rooms and a nice water park for kids.

Iowa
Level Contributor
334 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: family resort

Is the grand not on the beach? we aren't going for some time, so I do have time to research all of these suggestions. as we did just get back in november from a trip. so this will be next fall when we will go. if it was just me and my husband having a large size room wouldn't mind but when you ad more to a room, more space is nice.

Ft.Worth Tx
Level Contributor
424 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: family resort

That is a good question without a good answer. The Grand is very close to the beach, but there is a short walkway from the Grande to the beach with a bridge that crosses a small stream or bog to access the beach. I would guess that it is less than 40 yards. Personnaly I would say that the Grande is on the beach, but that depends on your definition of what "On" is.

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
47 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: family resort

Sabor is going back to a FAMILY resort in July 2012. YEA!! I have stayed at the Allegro and looked at Iberostar and Occidental Grand; they are spread out all over the place and are not any better. Sabor/Aura ( has the best location and is spread out along the beach not back inland. Take a look at Google Earth. I have stayed all over Mexico and the Caribbean (from 6 stars to 1 star property) and have returned to Cozumel because of its laid back slower pace. Staff was excellent. Had ceviche everyday and lots of excellent guacamole. Fish was incredible!! What part of the resort you stay in is really where you want to spend your money and tastes. Remember you are only 15O ft from the beach no matter which room you are in on the Non Sabor Exclusive section. Also you can walk to Paradise Beach - Km 14.5 Can see it from the resort to the south, 1/3 mile down the beach,

$2.00 to rent a chair and then buy your food and drinks.

Iowa
Level Contributor
334 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: family resort

from what I read, the Sabor is adult only resort? so if we were to go with out the kids...is it best to upgrade at this resort to the exclusive section? or is there not much difference between the 2 catagories?

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
47 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: family resort

Sabor Exclusive section is still going adult only like it was before is my understanding. The rest of the resorts going back to family in July. Sabor has a resort layout map on their facebook page in one of their posting. A LOT of us are very happy with the change back!!

Iowa
Level Contributor
334 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: family resort

yes I do like the looks of it but the bathrooms seem small. if it were family style that would be one of our top picks to keep looking at for an option...thanks!!