We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozumel ferry schedule and International Pier

vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,701 posts
274 reviews
Save Topic
Cozumel ferry schedule and International Pier

I am hoping someone out there can help me out...we are in cancun right now staying at the hotel zone. on dec 24th, we need to meet friends arriving in cozumel international pier at 11:30am aboard the celebrity millenium.

we like to meet them in cozumel for the afternoon. we plan on taking the ADO bus from downtown cancun to playa del carmen and from there take the ferry over to cozumel. i hope this is the correct routing for us?

from the ferry we need to get over to the international pier....is it walkable and if so, how long is the walk?

and if we decide to take a cab, how much would it be?

in addition, does anyone know the last few ferry times from cozumel back to playa del carmen so we can take the ADO bus back to cancun?we don't want to take the very last ferry just in case but was hoping we leave cozumel around 7pm or so?

lastly, can anyone tell me how much a cab might cost from playa del carmen back to the cancun hotel zone?

many thanks everyone...with appreciation.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,065 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cozumel ferry schedule and International Pier

Combine both "cards" to get the full schedule

www.mexicowaterjets.com/eng/servicios.php…

You need a taxi to get to the International Pier. Perhaps $10 USD per taxi.

700 PM ferry is the next to last from Cozumel in December.

Did you see this yet:

tinyurl.com/7m3r6

Only buy one way ferry tickets.

Edited: 18 December 2011, 13:56
ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cozumel ferry schedule and International Pier

You have the option to use ground transportation or to fly Mayair between CUN and CZM. Either way, you'll have to use a bus and taxi (or city bus) to your Cancun hotel.

The ADO bus from Cancun to Playa runs frequently and takes a little over an hour to an hour and a half depending on traffic. The fare is 45 pesos and the schedule can be viewed at http://boletotal.mx/

The ferry schedule for the 24th: Leaving Playa: 8 or 10am (the 10 will work for you.) Last boats leaving Cozumel: 7 & 9pm.

Taxi from the ferry terminal to International Pier is $7.00US according to the published fare chart at taxicozumel.com/veringles/price/price.html

Hope this info helps.

vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,701 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cozumel ferry schedule and International Pier

ds2 and co pilot....both of you are so wonderful with your wealth of knowledge.

i thank you both very much.....the info helps so much.

with appreciation....happy holidays to you both!.....cliu

vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,701 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cozumel ferry schedule and International Pier

ds2...once we are in cozumel international pier, my friends from the cruise liner wants to spend a day on the beach. do you have recommendations of a good beach/resort we can spend the day at?

many thanks.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,065 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cozumel ferry schedule and International Pier

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/CruiseShips

has the Millenium docking at 930 on the 15th so I will use that as my guide.

The 900 AM PDC ferry would get you arriving at (after taxi ride on Cozumel) the International pier around 1000 AM. If that is fine, great. Otherwise the 800 AM ferry from PDC allows you to eat breakfast in Cozumel.

You want to be at the ADO bus station in PDC by about 730 AM (first timer timing plus contingency padding) to catch the 800 AM ferry so you need to depart the Cancun bus station around 610 AM. Looks like the 615 AM bus (1 hour 20 minute drive time) is perfect but I would plan on the previous bus around 600 AM from Cancun.

Change as required if the Millenium docking time is later.

Edited: 18 December 2011, 14:22
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,359 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cozumel ferry schedule and International Pier

I like Palancar Beach. Fair food and drink prices and , unlike many beach places, not overrun by cruise tours.

http://cozumelmexico.net/Playa_Palancar.html

vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,701 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cozumel ferry schedule and International Pier

Co pilot 54...you are amazing man! thank you....their cruise boat on the 24th arrives at 11:30am into cozumel so do you think i should take the 8am ADO bus from cancun to playa which arrives arond 9:20am. from there i take the 10am ferry over to cozumel which arrives around 10:40am. then walk from the ferry dock to international pier and get there by 11:30am?

what do you think of this schedule ??? are the times possible?

many thanks for you sage advice....

cliu

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,065 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cozumel ferry schedule and International Pier

Beach option. Others exist

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,701 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cozumel ferry schedule and International Pier

RobertSDF...thanks for the tip on Palancar beach but it doesn't seem to have lounge chairs. do you know of a beach/resort for day use that is very nice with lounge chairs so we can sun on the beach as well as order food and drinks in cozumel? if so, would we need to take a cab there?

many thanks for your advice....with appreciation...cliu

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,359 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cozumel ferry schedule and International Pier

I would take the earlier option. No one can really tell you but I asked a friend, who is a tour guide working at the piers, and he says the Millenium often arrives early.

With your schedule, you might arrive after your friends.