We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lighthouses???

Iowa
Level Contributor
157 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Lighthouses???

This trip we would like to visit all of the lighthouses in Cozumel. What is the best way to do this and how many are there?

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lighthouses???

There are two. One is in Punta Sur Park on the southern tip of the island....it's easily accessible and fun to climb.

The other one is on the north end of Cozumel. Punta Molas lighthouse is a long drive down a road only accessible by 4 wheel drive...so you can't get there w/ a rent car.

That other lighthouse on Melgar...is it even a real lighthouse? It's right beside the road but you can't go in it.

Have fun!

iowa
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lighthouses???

Is their a tour or something you can rent to get to Punta Molas?

MinneSNOWta
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lighthouses???

You can email Adrian at

especiascozumel@hotmail.com

to see if he is still offering the Punta Molas tour. It is fabulous if he is. I did it on my Fall 2010 trip. So fun...and interesting.

Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lighthouses???

Adrian's boat tour to Punta Molas is worth every cent.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,969 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lighthouses???

The Punta Molas trip is highly rated and pretty much an all day trip. The weather has to be perfect so the waters are flat.

Punta Sur is on the opposite (south end) of the island and might not be doable if you do the Punta Molas trip.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lighthouses???

Here's a link w/ pictures from 2010.

enjoycozumel.com/blog/…

If Adrian is still doing this trip you should definitely GO!!!

iowa
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Lighthouses???

Thank so much ! I will email I appreciate the infomration and the pictures!

8. Re: Lighthouses???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2013, 10:18