We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental/lost wages insurance

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gilford, New...
Level Contributor
170 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental/lost wages insurance

So I have been reading the posts about car rentals (from April), has the issue been resolved? Is there a company that provides enough insurance to cover lost wages should God forbid you harm someone? I want to make sure we are covered if we rent a car, really want to avoid taking taxis every place we go. Thanks!!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,442 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental/lost wages insurance

As far as I have heard, no one offers insurance for this.

Gilford, New...
Level Contributor
170 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental/lost wages insurance

Thank you Robert, guess we need to figure out if its worth the risk.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental/lost wages insurance

We keep renting but are so much more cautious now. Always looking for people to step out from between parked cars mid-block etc. We usually use the rental for going around the island, to the south and over to the east side and then cab it into town at night because we like to imbibe. It is worth it.

Edited: 08 January 2012, 19:00
4. Re: Car rental/lost wages insurance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2013, 10:22