We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rentadora ISIS not the best Service

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ca
Level Contributor
1 post
37 reviews
Save Topic
Rentadora ISIS not the best Service

Yes, Margarita has great prices on her car rentals but her attitude and customer services skills lack greatly. I would much rather take my money to someone who is friendly EVEN if i have to pay a measily 5 dollars more! First off, i get there and she was reluctant on granting me her online prices stating that those prices are only if you reserve WAY in advance. Then, when checking out, i was short by a hair on gas and she made a huge deal about it and made me pay an additional fee. In the end, i found that if i would have gone with the street vendor that was nearly kissing my feet for business, i would have paid the same and not have had the disgust of dealing with such poorly mannered person. I advise anyone who is going on a vacation to Cozumel to take the offer of $35 per day given by the street vendors by the ultra mar ferry dock and avoid dealing with ignorant people.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,172 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rentadora ISIS not the best Service

Interesting. If you read the comments posted here about Margarita you will find 99% disagree with this and will tell you Margarita is very kind, well mannered and very honest. Sounds like we dont know all the story here.

Maybe next time you should go with one of the vendors who was kissing your feet. Margarita doesnt need to do that for business.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
278 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rentadora ISIS not the best Service

That doesn't sound like the Margarita we've come to know. She has always been fair every time we've rented from her & never in advance. Sorry you were not pleased.

PA
Level Contributor
662 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rentadora ISIS not the best Service

Margarita has never been anything but kind to us and goes out of her way to help in any way she can. We have been renting from her for 8 years and will go no where else even if it would be more convenient.

We will be renting from her again very soon!!

Bonnie

boston
Level Contributor
88 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rentadora ISIS not the best Service

Having LOVED dealing with Margarita in the past, we have decided to use her services on our next trip without comparing prices at all.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,422 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rentadora ISIS not the best Service

Let me try to understand everything that happened to you.

You were apparently a "walk up customer."

Her website clearly says the rates are the Internet rates that need to be reserved in advance. You didn't reserve in advance and expected the Internet rates anyway.

http://www.islacozumel.net/services/isis/

You admittedly didn't fill the tank back up to the point it was given to you and you expected her to look the other way.

I fail to see a problem with ISIS. Now as far as your expectations, we can draw a couple of conclusions

(I rented a car Friday at EWR and they told me upfront if I didn't bring the car in full, the cost for a gallon of fuel for them to top it off was $9.50. Fuel near the airport was $3.30/gallon. I understood the rules and played by them)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
906 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rentadora ISIS not the best Service

I have used Margarita many times over the years and have always found her to be gracious and well mannered. Its incredible to me that she actually remembers us each time we rent from her, the woman has a great busy rental business. I have aways abided by her policies and have been respectful of her as well. Never a problem. From reading your post, it seems to me that you felt for you she had to disregard her set policies. The post has a bit of attitude, I can only imagine how you handled Margarita when she only informed you of her policies. Is there something I am missing?

Once, after have a car for 2 weeks, I returned it and it was short on fuel, I thought I had it filled to the amount needed but I didn't. I apologized for my over sight and payed the lady for the amount of fuel I was short. She was nice, I was nice and it was fair.

Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rentadora ISIS not the best Service

Used ISIS for the 4th time in Dec. and will be back again the end of Feb. Never had a problem with her or any of her people. She has always been wonderful and made sure we knew about how to not get scammed at the gas station and she told us about the new parking meter situation. I always reserve over the Internet and send her an email a couple days ahead. A bad experience can happen, but you are almost alone in your opinion.

Saginaw, Texas
Level Contributor
2,447 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rentadora ISIS not the best Service

Anybody can have a bad experience at anything, any time. It's the law of averages.

Personally I will not rent from anybody else but Margarita because I trust her and the times we have rented from her were the best Mexico rental experiences I've ever had in 22 years of renting cars in Mexico.

Maybe there was just one of those clashes of personalities. Some people just don't connect with each other.

North America
Level Contributor
615 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Rentadora ISIS not the best Service

I normally don't rent a vehicle when in Cozumel, as I have friends who live there with cars. However, because I am having some family coming down to visit later this winter, I decided to rent a car for a week so we can explore and get to the beaches, etc. and not be dependent on others. I researched a few places, but my friends who live on the island urged me to go with Margarita/Isis. They felt that in the event something happens, she can be counted on to assist, which I thought was a definite plus. I stopped in to see Margarita on my last trip to book the car ahead of time, and she was lovely to deal with and very accommodating. At that time, I had my bicycle with me and something was wrong with the wheel - she got her brother to have a look at it, he figured out the problem and fixed it right away, would not take any money. So that kind of sealed the deal. I felt very comfortable with her and feel this was the right decision. I do know things can happen, even with the best of people - and that the OP did not have a positive experience. And as a frequent visitor to Cozumel, I want to know about negatives and positives to assist me in making decisions about where to eat, which beach meets my needs, etc. But categorizing Margarita as "ignorant" is so far from the reality.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
816 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rentadora ISIS not the best Service

I have had the same experience at Isis as everyone else. Margarita has always been a pleasure and very accomidating. Her cars are a bit run down, but the service is top-notch,