We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Coz questions?

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
62 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
El Coz questions?

Wife wants to know, hair dryer in room or bring one? It has been reported that a refrig is available in room. What is the charge? Thanks

Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: El Coz questions?

Yes to hair dryers in the room.

Unsure of cost of fridges. Some rooms have them at no charge while other rooms do not come with one.

Bring a "night light" to plug into the bathroom outlet. It has come in handy during my many stays at the El Coz.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: El Coz questions?

There is a hair dryer in everyroom at El Coz, however, not every room has a fridge. Dryers are included but I believe there is a an additional cost (upgrade) to have fridge in room. Note they are small size fridge. Others may be able to confirm as well.

Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: El Coz questions?

Fridge details -

The fridge I had in my room (at no charge) during my most recent stay was a small one, for sure.

It would fit a 12-pack of beer, but only once you removed the removable shelf and took the 12 bottles out of the original box. Then I had room for the beer and two small bottles of Coke. Additionally, several bottles of water can be kept in the door compartment of the fridge.

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Coz questions?

There is an extra charge of $10 a day for the fridge...they do come in handy, especially if you have any medication that has to be refrigerated.

amarillo
Level Contributor
42 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Coz questions?

Wow I'm surprised to hear about charging! We stayed 8 days in Dec of 2010 and had a fridge with beers, cokes, water and juice restocked everyday! We assumed every room had that and we didn't get charged a penny. Have things changed??

amarillo
Level Contributor
42 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: El Coz questions?

Wow I'm surprised to hear about charging! We stayed 8 days in Dec of 2010 and had a fridge with beers, cokes, water and juice restocked everyday! We assumed every room had that and we didn't get charged a penny. Have things changed??

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: El Coz questions?

Nothiing has changed. I've also had a fridge a few times and didn't have to pay.

I know I was comped a couple of times because I've been going there for years and years. Another time, one was there, but I was wondering if it was left in that room from a previous guest using it and never removed. But normally, no they're not in the rooms.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
548 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: El Coz questions?

There are fridges many of the rooms in the north section of the hotel.

Grove City, Ohio...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: El Coz questions?

I spoke to the desk recently and they said $15 per night for fridge. We are in a "partial ocean view" room (floors 1 and 2). They will, however, provide a cooler at no cost and you have 24 hour access to ice. This is what we are opting for as my husband is diabetic and his insulin has to be kept cold. We are also taking a small/lunch size cooler in our suitcase.

We are going in September. Hope this helps.

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: El Coz questions?

It's $10 day, but $15 a day, if it's stocked with drinks.