We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

el cozumeleno roll call april

montreal
Level Contributor
440 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
el cozumeleno roll call april

We are going on the 18th anyone else. We would also like to know what the beach is like there.

Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: el cozumeleno roll call april

elcozumeleno.com

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,695 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: el cozumeleno roll call april

I'm hoping to have my regular April visit around the 19th! I'll be there next week for Carnival and the spotted eagle rays this time of year, so that may prevent the April trip...not sure yet.

The beach isn't what people like to imagine, as far as the long stretched out beach, it's even better for snorkeling. It has some ironshore, which is what makes the sealife more prominent.

The hotel has had sand built up more, since hurricane wave erosion has taken some out. I've seen how they do that and it's strictly manual labor with 3 guys and a wheel barrow walking down the beach and loading it and pulling it back to El Coz.....one young man pushing and 2 pulling with a rope. It's grueling for those young men, but El Coz strives to make everything better. I love it!

Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: el cozumeleno roll call april

OF:

Minor update for you -

The wheel barrow method of sand transport has been replaced with an ATV hauling a trailer. The problem is, the ATV is only two-wheel drive and the driver parks on the sand pile to make it easier to unload the trailer pile of sand next to it.

How do I know this? After helping the ATV driver and his passenger get unstuck out of the sand three times my last trip, I notice these things!

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,695 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: el cozumeleno roll call april

Juan, it's good to know they have given up on the wheel barrow,,, it was painful just watching those guys. Actually, it was only last summer when I saw them doing that. As I've always said on these threads, things can change in a minute in Coz. ha ha

5. Re: el cozumeleno roll call april

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2013, 10:20