We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewelry Warning.

nebraska
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Jewelry Warning.

I told a friend that's going with us to Cozumel that I would check on here to find out recommendations for a Jewelry store,he was going to buy something for his wife when we are there,and was going to spend quite a bit on it..I read the post about the Warnings and now I'm thinking to tell him not to bother about bringing his money.I can't seem to find a positive post on this subject.Does anyone have any recommendations.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jewelry Warning.

Don't buy diamonds, gold, precious stones etc. Los Cinco Soles has very good quality silver at reasonable prices. It's on Melgar north of the plaza. They have everything there. No bargaining...the price marked is the price you pay. It's a lovely no hassle store.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,467 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jewelry Warning.

Los Cinco Soles. Their silver is real and fairly priced.

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jewelry Warning.

Sergios silver is very reputable.

http://www.sergiosilver.com.mx/contacts/

Edited: 11 February 2012, 19:49
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
311 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jewelry Warning.

Agree with buying from Sergio's. He's honest with quality silver. We purchased several pieces from him during our most recent trip & were not disappointed. He came recommended & we agree!

nebraska
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jewelry Warning.

I know what he is looking for would have several diamonds,like a diamond bracelet ,I guess I should tell him it's not a good idea.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
164 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jewelry Warning.

I agree that Cinco Los Soles is very reputable. Otherwise, as far as buying REALLY GOOD jewelry on vacation, I have found that I would rather buy near my hometown. Anywhere else in the world (or even USA for me,) if you have trouble, you cannot take it back to the original store for repair. In the long run, it pays for me to buy "locally". Just my honest opinion. Been there, done that...

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jewelry Warning.

IMO-Good quality diamonds aren't cheaper on Cozumel than what you pay back home. And you have no way of knowing if the diamonds are real or their clarity and quality. I'm always amazed at folks who go on vacation to a destination for the first time and go into an unknown jewelry store and plunk down hundreds of dollars (or more) for something they can't authenticate.

canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jewelry Warning.

Fine Silver Mexican Opals Custom design

Jklau. Jorge Perez

Av 5 Bre sequin Calle 4 net

Col. Centro Cozumel

Had custom ring and pendant made by Jorge on last visit to Cozumel.

Amazing talent.

See facebook Jklau Joyas Finas

Cel. 987 871 2633

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
289 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jewelry Warning.

Glad everyone is posting links to places...I am looking to buy sterling silver too this trip, just for a special reminder of my trip and Cozumel. Not in to diamonds, could care less about that, but would like to get good quality sterling silver.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jewelry Warning.

There is also a Cinco Soles store in the airport...a fun way to spend some time while waiting for your flight home.