We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Cozumel

MASSACHUSETTS
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Cozumel

Want a beachy trip..........January 2013. Want to avoid to prices in Aruba, so Cozumel pricing looks like a bargain!! Any tips on the best beachy all-inclusives? Never been to Cozumel...I love aruba and Jamaica...will this be disappointing in camparison? Is Cancun a better beach choice?

Level Contributor
56 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Cozumel

Personally, I think Cozumel would be a great honeymoon destination, but it really depends on what YOU are looking for. Cancun would be more of a party atmosphere and Cozumel is more relaxed and laid back. Cozumel Palace has everything for a romantic honeymoon! Large beautiful rooms that face an endless blue sea with a nice in-room jacuzzi, great room service, stocked bar in your room. There is a heated pool so it is comfortable year around, it was my understanding that it and the pool at the El Cantil Condos next door are the only heated pools on the island, but I am not sure if that is totally correct. The one thing the Palace doesn't have is a beach that you could walk down for miles.....it has a sandy area, but not an actual beach. We did not miss it at all, but some folks might! Anyway, good luck with your decision and congrats on the upcoming wedding!!!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
966 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Cozumel

Aura!!! It is small, quiet and all inclusive!

The food is great, beach is beautiful and sunsets spectacular!!!!

Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Cozumel

If I was to ever to honeymoon in Cancun, I'd be counting the days until my divorce.

In other words, I'm pretty sure I'd be unhappy in Cancun.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,550 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Cozumel

I second that, DW. I know I would be unhappy in Cancun.

Lakewood Ranch...
Level Contributor
203 posts
314 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in Cozumel

Cozumel is a much better choice to wind down after all the wedding stress. It's more like Aruba, laid back and relaxing.

What we love about Cozumel is that there is plenty to do and there is also nothing to do - totally up to you.

We will be back in 28 days for our umpteenth visit and we both have 50+ hour a week, demanding careers - Cozumel is our haven or do I mean heaven?

BTW - congratulations on your upcoming wedding. We are celebrating our 29th anniversary this year.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
75 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon in Cozumel

Cozumel Palace!! We went there for our honeymoon and we truly miss it EVERY SINGLE DAY!! They treat you like royalty and it's a perfect honeymoon spot!! I wrote a review on TA when we got back (May 2011) about our great experience we had there----it may answer some questions you have!! It was the best vacation spot EVER!!! Please let me know if you have ANY questions about our experience!!

7. Re: Honeymoon in Cozumel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2013, 10:20