We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar - Can you walk to Palancar Beach ?

Bellaire
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Iberostar - Can you walk to Palancar Beach ?

Can we walk over to Palancar from the Iberostar or is it too far?

For a snorkeling trip, who is better Alberto's or Palancar beach?

Prices for both?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,445 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar - Can you walk to Palancar Beach ?

Address of Iberostar is 17.785 km mark of the highway

1 Km = .62 miles so that works out as 11.03 miles

Playa Palancar is listed as being 15 Miles south of San Miguel

Long walk on a hot day, but I'm pretty sure I read a report from someone who did it.

Prices are similar so I'd use Alberto's.

Montrose Colorado
Level Contributor
300 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar - Can you walk to Palancar Beach ?

We have walked along the beach from Iberostar to Palancar Beach. It's about 1 mile +/-. A taxi should not be too expensive from IB to Palancar.

Montrose Colorado
Level Contributor
300 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar - Can you walk to Palancar Beach ?

Oh, and forgot to mention that I did some searching of both Albertos and Palancar snorkel tours. The Palancar tour is a shorter one, 1.5 hrs and two reefs. Albertos is about 3 hours and three reefs. Prices were around $35 for Palancar and $40+ for Albertos. People that I questioned on TA both had very good things to say about both. I guess it would depend on wether you want to walk next door to Albertos (convenient) and spend several hours on the tour or cab it to Palancar, shorter time on the tour and more time at their beach. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Bellaire
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar - Can you walk to Palancar Beach ?

Great info tequilaczm, thank you for the replies !

Dallas, Tx
Level Contributor
381 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar - Can you walk to Palancar Beach ?

I would check with your hotel dive shop, they should be able to accommodate you from the iberostar resort and since its located so far south it shouldn't be much of a boat ride out to the nice reefs.

J

6. Re: Iberostar - Can you walk to Palancar Beach ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 20:16