We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Cedral Festival

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tahoe CA
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
El Cedral Festival

Anyone else going or have gone? Staying at Allegro May 2-14..love some more info

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,726 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Cedral Festival

I have gone for years and its my favorite event on the island. Also a favorite with locals -- it draws huge weekend crowds. My Mexican friends have a house there and , as do many hours, sell great food and beer from their house during the event. In my opinion, the best place to experience island culture and tradition is the Cedral Festival.

Oxnard, CA
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Cedral Festival

What are the 2013 dates? We'll be there April 19 - May 1. Can't find dates anywhere.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,012 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Cedral Festival

April 26th through May 5th....Do not quote me on it...Its just what I have been told from questionable sources...

Tennessee Ridge...
Level Contributor
290 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Cedral Festival

The Festival is Apr 26 through May 3rd. cozumel my cozumel link below gives the dates and also a link to all events for the year.

www.cozumelmycozumel.com/dc/index.php…

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,165 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Cedral Festival

Turns out I'm just missing it--I thought I'd be there for some of it. Ah well. Have fun, Candy0820.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,726 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: El Cedral Festival

This link gives you a schedule for LAST YEAR. I havent seen this years schedule

. But it will give you an idea as to what days of the week different events are scheduled. The final days can be busy since schools shut down.

http://www.islacozumel.com.mx/cedral/

Tennessee Ridge...
Level Contributor
290 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: El Cedral Festival

Thanks RobertSDF, I didn't look closely at the link since I already knew the dates of the events when I will be on the island this Apr/May.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,012 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: El Cedral Festival

It ends May 3rd??....Funny how a big festival like this would end here on a Friday?.

Tahoe CA
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: El Cedral Festival

I think it ended on May 3rd of last year..that's a 2012 calender..Thanks everyone for your responses..this year there's 11of us going this year...it really is a surreal experience and we loved it..you might want to lay off the tequila and greasy food if you're going to jump on the Mexican tilt a whirl (enough said about that);)

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,726 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: El Cedral Festival

I always remembered it ending midweek but I could be wrong. I was there everyday so it all ran together, I suppose. When the festival is not going on, I spent many hours in the hammock on the front porch of my friends house just opposite the church. Then, its very quiet and relaxing. (except for the dune buggy tours which the locals would like to do away with).