We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozumel to Isla de muleres by boat?

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Springfield...
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Cozumel to Isla de muleres by boat?

I know there are no ferries between the islands. Is there any way other then going back to playa del carmen to get to isla mulheres?any water taxis?

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,737 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cozumel to Isla de muleres by boat?

Not that I have ever read about. If you want to talk to a boat owner and negotiate a boat trip, that may be workable.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cozumel to Isla de muleres by boat?

No, there aren't. You have to do the Coz To PDC ferry take a bus or cab to Cancun, bus or cab to ferry dock and then over to IM. There's good info about on the IM board under "topics". And it may help to put your question on the IM board.

Edited: 06 March 2012, 14:08
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,496 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cozumel to Isla de muleres by boat?

I'm not sure I would want to do that by boat. What is it, maybe 50-55 miles by boat? If it were a fast boat, you are talking 3-4 hours easily. Add in weather conditions and it might not be the fun experience you think it is.

If speed is an issue, check with Mayair and see if they serve Isla.

We took a cab from the Isla ferry dock in Cancun to PdC and the cost was about $50 2 years ago. We bargained a bit to get that rate. It was 50-60 mph all the way.

Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cozumel to Isla de muleres by boat?

Here was my experience a couple weeks ago. You could also fly to Cancun on Maya Air then get to the ferry. Don't know that it would save you a whole lot of time with the airport time.

There were some questions lately regarding this process. Here are the costs on 2/18/12

Isla ferry. 70p. Per person

Taxi to bus 60p

Bus to PdC 40p. Per person

Coz ferry.   155p. Per person

We took the 10:30am ferry from IM and we were on the 1:00pm ferry to Cozumel. It was about 2:00pm by the time we got off the ferry and got our luggage in Coz. But, it is Carnaval and the ferry was packed.

I will mention....we went outside and across the street at Gran Puerto to get a taxi. Had one in particular that wanted to take us to PdC and he didn't want to take no for an answer. I had never had that out on the street before. So just be prepared. He did not take us to the bus station. Another driver did.

Very easy and inexpensive way to go.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cozumel to Isla de muleres by boat?

Oh my gosh. 3-4 hours by boat! I think there is a ferry from cozumel to playa del carmen then to isla mujeres? That would take that long? Yikes not interested. I guess I have to see if any planes go from cozumel to isla mujeres. Thank you

Springfield...
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cozumel to Isla de muleres by boat?

Nope my mistake. The only ferry to isla mujeres is from the cancun area. Darn.... I guess I have to fly there...

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,496 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cozumel to Isla de muleres by boat?

My assumption was a private boat. $$$$

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
9,958 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cozumel to Isla de muleres by boat?

The best method is that outlined above by wyobean. The bus station in Playa is right across from the ferry station. The ADO buses are clean, comfortable and affordable. Total cost for ferries, bus and cab is less than $30 US per person.

9. Re: Cozumel to Isla de muleres by boat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 06 March 2012, 21:53
10. Re: Cozumel to Isla de muleres by boat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 13:18