We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snorkel tours....which ones to do?

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
houston
Level Contributor
78 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
snorkel tours....which ones to do?

My girlfriend and I will be staying at the Iberostar in mid June and would like to do a couple of different snorkel tours. Do you have to use the on site dive shop (Dressel) or can you go through anyone? Also which ones are the best? I would like to do atleast 2 maybe 3 different tours and are they at different reefs and spots or are they usually at the same locations? I've heard about Alberto's next door that has a decent tour and one also at Playa Palancar, any others and opinions?

Thanks for your help

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
350 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: snorkel tours....which ones to do?

Just got back from from Occidental Grand and we did both Alberto's and Dive Palancar (dive shop at Grand) - both were great!

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,116 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: snorkel tours....which ones to do?

I think Iberostar charges other boats to use their pier, so that may be a consideration. You're definitely within walking distance of Alberto's and the Grand though.

We've done a glass bottom boat/snorkel with Dive Palancar and it was great. We also did one with Pro Dive out of the Allegro, and it was even better than DP's, though it was more expensive and time consuming.

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,023 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: snorkel tours....which ones to do?

There are lots of ops that will take you snorkeling and most of the better ones take you to Colombia Shallows and Palancar Gardens or Paradise by the Caleta. We've booked several trips with Deanna at 2D's Diving and Tours..

The most inexpensive one (to my knowledge) is the Nazarene from Playa Palancar for $30-$35.

If you've never been to Cielo I recommend going - it's not for snorkeling but the water is so beautiful and shallow and there are tons of starfish.. a great place to "hang out" and swim and sun and have a couple of cervezas!

houston
Level Contributor
78 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: snorkel tours....which ones to do?

Thanks everybody. Linkslady, where is Cielo? I've never heard of this place and am interested in checking it out. Thanks

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,023 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: snorkel tours....which ones to do?

It's way South .. Alot of dive ops do their SI there if they are that far South... I'll see if I can locate a couple of my pics.. We've shown several people this place and everyone loves it... lately we just hire a boat (through Deanna) and take our own supplies with us (food, beer, liquor, water toys) and hang out for several hours just splashing around.. it's like a huge swimming pool in the ocean.. nothing but beautiful sand under your feet and lots of starfish..

houston
Level Contributor
78 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: snorkel tours....which ones to do?

After doing some research I found some pics and your right they look amazing. I am definitely interested in checking this place out. I found the name of Tiger Aguilar Aguilar as well and he charters out of Money Bar and also goes to El Cielo for a tour, any info on his? Price comparison to Deanna's?

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,023 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: snorkel tours....which ones to do?

I think Tiger's boat is $45 pp for tourists... We've been on his boat (private tour through Deanna). It's an EXCELLENT boat!! You can search him on Facebook (maybe that's how you found him) and he posts occasionally about days that he has available.

WARNING: Just don't be shocked when you see Tiger in his thong.... and I've "heard" some of his trips get pretty wild.. not really family friendly :-)

houston
Level Contributor
78 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: snorkel tours....which ones to do?

LOL, thanks for the heads up. It's just my girlfriend and I so it wouldn't be that big of a deal.....we're up for the fun.

9. Re: snorkel tours....which ones to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 14:16