We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Palancar Snorkeling

White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Playa Palancar Snorkeling

Hello all. At the very beginning of April, I'll be taking a cruise to Cozumel. I've decided to take the boat out from Playa Palancar to the reef, but I have a few questions. For one, can you reserve a spot? I'd love to get on the very first one at nine on the Saturday we get there, so does the boat ever fill up? Is it always totally packed with other cruise ship tourists? Also, just the basics about the tour would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Playa Palancar
Playa Palancar
1,067 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
MinneSNOWta
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa Palancar Snorkeling

I would say it is unlikely that it will be booked up for the first trip. As you walk into Playa Palancar, veer to the LEFT. There is a counter there to sign up, pay, get a key for a locker and get snorkel gear. They will then tell you when the next boat goes out, from the South end of the beach club.

It's pretty bare bones on the boat so leave whatever you can in your locked locker. You'll get some bottled water on the way...then you'll reach "the spot" and you will be given some light instruction and overboard you go.

Just follow your leader...if you get cold, tired, bored (can't imagine), etc. you can go back to the boat. It's nice because they go with the current so it makes for minimal work.

Worth the $ in my opinion.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Palancar
Playa Palancar
1,067 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
481 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa Palancar Snorkeling

I agree with Jana- Well worth the $ IMO. You'll love it, good choice!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
235 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa Palancar Snorkeling

Does this trip make more then 1 stop?

4. Re: Playa Palancar Snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 10:40