We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Night

Oregon
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
One Night

We are staying in Akumal for a week in May and want to go to Cozumel for one night. Where is a good inexpensive place to stay that is clean and close to downtown?

Thanks

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,804 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One Night

Casa Mexicana or Vista del Mar would both fit the bill. Both are just a couple of blocks (side by side) from the square on the main road, Melgar. Both are walkable from the ferry pier at the square and have ocean views. I've stayed at each a couple of times.

Suites Bahia might be another choice. Also on Melgar. I have not stayed there, but my friends have several times w/o complaints.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One Night

We like Hotel Colonial just off the plaza to the south east.

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One Night

Casona Real 4 blocks east of the square on Juarez $50 a night

cozumel
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: One Night

Suites Vima, 10th avenue and calle 6, two blocks from water front, two from pedestrian area. It is about as close as most of others mentioned, but quiet, close to many good restaurants. Price should be around $40 dollars, but should be paid in pesos and probably cash only. Cable TV, AC , swimming pool and close, but quiet location.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
384 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One Night

Mar 18, 2012, 10:01 AM

Casona Real 4 blocks east of the square on Juarez $50 a night

Agree 100%. Stayed there the week after Carnival. Clean, friendly staff, close to both the Square, and the great taquerias on 30th Ave.

We booked online and paid $45.00 per night. They have a restaurant and a pool... Both of which we did not try.

Windlaker

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,423 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One Night

I suggest, as Mark mentioned, Casa Mexicana and Vista de Mar.

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One Night

Both of those are probably more than $50 a night . Tried a walk up in a very slow week at Casa Mexicana and they asked $130 a night and would not budge

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,423 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One Night

The Casa Mexicana website shows May rates starting at 72 dollars. Its according to the defination of inexpensive.

If really looking for inexpensive, my choice is the popular Hotel Pepita. Very close to the main square. About 40 dollars.

Edited: 18 March 2012, 19:43
9. Re: One Night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2013, 09:25