We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dive Skins..

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wasaga Beach, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Dive Skins..

Looking to purchase a dive skin for some sun protection while snorkelling. Does anyone know if there is a shop that sells skins? Trying to find one here at home is not working out. I can order online, but preferr to wait if I can get one there.

Thank You,

Linda

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
96 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dive Skins..

You should be able to get a skin at the larger dive shops. There's one in particular I'm thinking of that is in town - it's a couple blocks back from Melgar and has a two story glass entry - like a vestibule. The name is Pro Dive - they're not the friendliest bunch of folks but they have a big selection of everything, including an entire section of the store devoted to exposure suits.

Website is http://www.prodivemex.com/ and you can probably email them to double check that they have skins.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
96 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dive Skins..

Checking with a friend on the island - that's the wrong website. Trying to get the cross-streets for you.

Wasaga Beach, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dive Skins..

Thanks so much LimpingHiker. I was checking out that site, but couldn't find any skins. Appreciate your help.

Linda

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,679 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dive Skins..

You will more than likely pay more in Coz.

I wouldn't hesitate to order one from one of the websites:

Scuba.com

Leisure Pro.com

Amazon.com

Crazy Scuba.com

Or just do a search for dive shops in your local area and make a few phone calls.

I need a new one myself!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
96 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dive Skins..

Found out from my friend, there's a retail store and a dive outfit with the same names. :) Here are the cross streets: Prodive.... Av 5 con Adolfo R. Salas av.... Not sure if this one has a website but on the PADI site there's an email addy you can use to contact them. prodivecozumel@prodigy.net.mx

Good luck!! Hope you have a fabulous trip!

Wasaga Beach, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dive Skins..

Thanks Oceanfreak. I've made several calls in my area, but no luck. I will check out the sites you've listed.

LimpingHiker, thank you so much for all the running you did for me to get me that address. Greatly appreciated!!

Linda

Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Dive Skins..

Coz, I pretty much wear some type of rash guard my entire vacation or else I break out in a rash on my chest. Like you, I wasn't having any luck finding these domestically. I found out that some of the Under Armor brand (other brands as well I am sure) have the same material composition as the rash guard I bought in Mexico during my last visit and paid a pretty penny for. I just bought the more fitted style and it works like a charm. Just another option if you wanted to try and find something at a local sporting goods store before your trip.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
96 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dive Skins..

And just for overkill, here are directions...

From the ferry pier they have to Cross the big open park in front of the ferry pier, and then on the other side of that park, they go RIGHT for 2 blocks and they will see the store on the corner.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
447 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dive Skins..

you could also try:

www.scubatoys.com

or

www.leasurepro.com

I have had good luck with both.

Saskatoon
Level Contributor
357 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dive Skins..

Cozonmymind,

Do you live near a Mountain Equipment Coop? They have them. Or get them on line.

http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/WomensClothing/WatersportsClothing/SunguardsRashguards/PRD~5027-686/oneill-skins-long-sleeved-crew-womens.jsp