We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go for dessert?

Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to go for dessert?

Any suggestions on where to go for dessert in the evenings? We're are staying in a condo and plan on eating several dinners in. Any suggestions on where to visit in town for a good evening desert? We like portable desserts so we can walk around, eat and enjoy being on vacation.

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go for dessert?

Try Del Sur Argentina Empanadas. Do a search here to find the location in town. I highly recommend the apple ones for dessert but they probably have other varieties since I was last in Cozumel. Very delicious!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,369 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go for dessert?

If you want a local favorite, one of my favorites is a marquesita and you will find many vendors around town. My favorite is next to the San Francisco super market at Juarez and 30. He has been around over 20 years and they are great. (if not familiar with them, its a sweet crepe made to order and with various filings , often cheese).

A good walking around dessert.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,134 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go for dessert?

I like vanilla ice cream from Mega. No doubt they have other flavors.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go for dessert?

You can't beat the flan at Zermatt's bakery. I buy it in the afternoon fresh...and save for later in the evening.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,369 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go for dessert?

The vanila ice cream reminds me , CP. My best Mexican friend often goes with me to one of the many Michoacan ice cream stores in town. He always asks about all the many flavors--and then orders vanilla.

MinneSNOWta
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go for dessert?

MMMmmm, Dulce de Leche empanadas at Del Sur, on Ave. 5, just south of square. My favorite!

Pinehurst, North...
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to go for dessert?

I like the Banana Chocolate empanadas at Del Sur. They are even better after they have been refigerated

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to go for dessert?

I'm with ineedasol with the Banana chocolate empanada - but I haven't eaten an empanada at Del Sur's that I haven't liked ! Even dinner there is affordable and wonderful !

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,900 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to go for dessert?

I 3rd the banana choc empanadas.....

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,900 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to go for dessert?

And I am shocked nobody mentioned the various corn / mayonaisse concoctions you can get on the square.........