We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jul/Aug temps

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,866 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Jul/Aug temps

So if I have only been to coz in December and March, will the heat (or humidity) of July & August make me sorry for going?

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jul/Aug temps

We live where it's real hot during the summer. We almost always go to the island in summer and it's pretty darn hot. I always say I'll never go again in July...and then I always do it again. We take a walk in the morning or go to town and then stay in the pool or ocean all day. After dark we go out again. IT'S HOT!!

Columbia MO
Level Contributor
468 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jul/Aug temps

Really Costanza? You live in MO and you're worried about hummidity?!

Is it a lot cheaper to go in June, July or August? I just never consider going anywhere hot during that time, when I'm already hot here.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,866 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jul/Aug temps

yeah i know serenity... I keep thinking how much worse can it be?

last year we were in aruba in august - very very hot, but not humid, and it was fine. would go back, but our resort that we love is charging an arm and a leg all of a sudden, so thinking about cheaper options.

may choose to explore a new island, but i am also missing Cozumel in a big way.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,866 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jul/Aug temps

and july / august just happens to be one of the times our kids are free from activities to travel.....

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,866 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jul/Aug temps

the possibility of swimming with the whale sharks is certainly making the idea of the heat way more bearable!

Dallas, Tx
Level Contributor
381 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jul/Aug temps

We almost always go yearly in July and are use to the heat in Dallas.. the humidity is pretty intense for us but we are true water people and if we get too hot we just go jump in the ocean or pool. I would be quite miserable if i wasn't a water person. I also recommend morning for exploring or shopping. Also the trick is to eat late for dinner if you can its a lot more tolerable ... try for 9 if you can.

There are also nice breezes I find on the east coast beaches... we like the rasta bar/paradise bar or playa bonita to enjoy lunch with a breeze.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
25 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jul/Aug temps

We have been going in July and August for more years than I care to say. Yes, it is hot but manageable. Not much different than Hawaii in the summer but I would rather be in Cozumel than Maui. We come from cold San Diego so the heat is wonderful for old bones.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
450 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jul/Aug temps

July and August are hot but bareable. There are less people and fewer cruise ships. The water is very warm for diving.

If you go the whale sharks are definitly a must do. Really cool.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jul/Aug temps

We've been to Coz many times in the summer as our schedule works out well for that too. What I've found, for someone that is used to moderate dry temps in NorCal, is that the heat is pretty much unbearable if we stay off the coast, but manageable if we stay near the coast. We once stayed back in town about a mile at Islamar Villas (decent place), in July. It was scorching for us. Even the nights were uncomfortable. But when we stay at resorts on the coast, the winds usually make things manageable. Middle of the day is a good time to go to the East side or just stay in AC or by the pool/beach. Walking to town any distance could be a real problem at that time. You do have to plan for it.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jul/Aug temps

It's alot cheaper to go in the summer months. I can remember eating in town after dark and the sweat was just rolling off of us...smiled and ordered another margarita.