We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozumel in February, snorkeling question?

Iowa
Level Contributor
307 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Cozumel in February, snorkeling question?

I have looked at the weather sites and know about the average temps and rain, my question is geared more to those who love to snorkel, we are thinking about staying at Sabor towards the middle to end of February, are you still able to snorkel on most days even if the winds are a bit gusty???

We know the winds can be an issue throughout the Caribbean in January and February, but am curious how big an issue it is in that area.

Thanks, you all have been so helpful in my trip planning! Can't wait for our first trip to Cozumel!

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cozumel in February, snorkeling question?

You only need to worry if there is a Norte (cold front) and those usually only last a couple of days and then it's fine again..

usa
Level Contributor
346 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cozumel in February, snorkeling question?

i am in COZ every Feb and the weather is hit and miss that month. this past Feb the weather was fantastic after the middle of the month. other years it has been cold and rainy...

my experience has been that the weather is good about 75-80% of the time in Feb.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
244 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cozumel in February, snorkeling question?

If you are planning on going in February anyways, you really should consider going during Carnival. It is a great time to be there, we just booked to go again next year.

ILLINOIS
Level Contributor
69 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cozumel in February, snorkeling question?

We'll be in Cozumel from Feb 9 - 23 next year and will take our chances that it will be ten times better than Illinois in February. For sure, would not be snorkeling back home.

Iowa
Level Contributor
307 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cozumel in February, snorkeling question?

That has always been our attitude when it comes to trips in January and February!! Its always better than winter in Iowa, which is why we love to travel in January or February! A week away is a huge treat!

6. Re: Cozumel in February, snorkeling question?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2013, 10:43