We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling Villa Blanca shallows

Holland, Michigan
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling Villa Blanca shallows

We are 4 adults who love to snorkel and will be staying at the Park Royal beginning April 7. Villa Blanca shallows looks like it is only a short distance away. Does anyone know if this is a good place to snorkel? What is the best entry location from shore? Is there a charge to enter? Anything else helpful would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling Villa Blanca shallows

If Villa Blanca shallows is in front of the Villa Blanca hotel it is a good place to snorkel. You can enter from La Palapita and hang out there at their "beach club" but they do expect you to buy drinks in exchange for using their facility. You can jump off the pier or enter via steps into the sea.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,627 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling Villa Blanca shallows

Basically it's the area between Park Royal & the new ferry pier and you'll see many "pay to go" snorkeling tours using it. The big things to know are that it's busy with boat traffic & has a current stronger than most of us can fight for very long, even with fins. You don't notice it near the Park Royal because the pier blocks it, but IF you drift towards town very far get out & walk back. There are plenty of places to enter along the area from the Park Royal to where the office for the Atlantis sub is located etc. IF you do decide you want to drift with the current & walk back you'll need water shoes or booties because the sidewalk will be hot. Also I HIGHLY RECOMMEND towing some form of marker buoy in that area.

See the photo captions in this album.

https:/…

Holland, Michigan
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling Villa Blanca shallows

Great information! Thanks! I will remember all these tips. Flying out of Grand Rapids in the morning. Can't wait!!!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,627 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling Villa Blanca shallows

Have a GREAT TRIP. Wish I were going with you.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
75 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkeling Villa Blanca shallows

I would advise against snorkeling in this area. There is a fair amount of boat traffic.

I have done out and back shore dives from Blue Angel (north of Villablanca) which is about 15 - 25 feet deep. We have done drift dives north from Scuba Shack and exited at Blue Angel along the Villablanca wall, but only on a Sunday when boat traffic is limited.

I would limit my snorkeling in this area due to traffic and due to the fact that there are better spots on the island that aren't as busy.

mandjphoto

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
14 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkeling Villa Blanca shallows

is no many traffic, why you dont go to chanakanaab national park, is so much better, and you have several options, try the official web site

http://www.cozumelparks.com/

7. Re: Snorkeling Villa Blanca shallows

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2013, 10:23