We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

el cedral festival

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
waco,texas
Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
el cedral festival

Any body have a link for the program at cedral festival ?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,671 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: el cedral festival

I dont recall ever finding a in in advance of the festival and its my favorite event on the island. Even my friends who participate and have a house at Cedral, see little advance information. But, like most island events, the locals all seem to know all about it and attend all the events. I think its not so much promoted on the internet because , unlike Carnival, its a mostly local event. But , likely as large in attendence as Carnival.

michigan
Level Contributor
493 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: el cedral festival

Hi, hope this helps a little

http://thisiscozumel.com/content/view/239/42/

we will be there 30thApril/10thMay 26 more days yeahhhh

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,577 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: el cedral festival

To add to the above post, what you will find closer to the event is that the above link and maybe a couple of others will scan the event poster and put it on line.

We did this last year and I have some pics.. I will post the link later.

We had lunch in a local resident's house that was opened up for the event.

Cozumel, mexico
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: el cedral festival

Robert you're totally right, that for years that was the case, no advance notice what-so-ever, however, last year they actually came out with an official schedule. I'm on the municipals mailing list, and have been watching out for this one. As soon as it comes out, I'll post it in the newsletter and shoot everyone a link over here too.

I personally love Cedral. it's the dustiest place on the planet, but has the best fried foods, tepid beer and super fun attractions!

Bethpage, New York
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: el cedral festival

My wife and I would really like to experience a day at the festival. Do you have any advice for us tourist? Personally, I was most concerned with transportation to and from our hotel since it's probably a 25 minutes drive. Cheers!

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
373 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: el cedral festival

Take the shuttle! It leaves from the Chedraui area. Several trips to/from Cedral. It is about $5 per person. Wear comfortable shoes.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,671 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: el cedral festival

Good advice about the shuttle. But I dont recall it being close to 5 dollars because its primarily used by locals and very cheap. It runs continuously during the festival.

Mark mentioned having lunch in a locals house. Thats where the best food usually is. My friends have a Cedral weekend house next to the entertainment pavillion. They sell various homemade food items and, of course, beer. And one of their best source of revenue is the charge to use the bathrooms! In my friends case, all the family works and the profits go to the grandparents. Its a big part of their yearly income.

This years dates are May 3 to 8. Most of the big events and the big crowds are on the weekend.

Edited: 06 April 2012, 18:52
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
373 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: el cedral festival

I think the shuttle was about $25 pesos per person last year. But I can't remember if that was round-trip or one-way. Regardless, the shuttle is the best option.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,671 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: el cedral festival

And CZM, you are correct, it is the dustiest place on the planet but with a few beers I tend to forget.

I know my friends did get a schedule a bit early last year. It is always full of interesting evey nts. One of the islands best cultural events with all the dancers from Cozumel and many other states. I usually try to go to Cedral with my friends since they are allowed to drive to their house in the center of things. I usually return alone since the event goes on and on and on into the night. Past my bedtime.

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: el cedral festival

I love that little place. The houses and colors are so cute and "charming." It looks like a very happy place, like you would see in an old movie. I wish I could be there during the celebrations.