We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How are the mosquitoes in Coz right now?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
72 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
How are the mosquitoes in Coz right now?

I've been to Coz this time of year when mosquitoes were almost non-existent and I've been there when they were like piranhas. I suppose it is weather related. Anyone in Coz now? What is the mosquito situation like right now? Coming down this weekend. Just wondering how much bug repellent we may need.

Thanks!

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How are the mosquitoes in Coz right now?

It all depends on if they've had a lot of rain.....with that, comes mosquitos. Just be prepared...I always take repellent.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,544 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How are the mosquitoes in Coz right now?

Definitely depends. We were there in April 2010 and got eaten alive; we went through I think 2 cans of repellent! In April/May 2011 we didn't even have to use it once.

It'll be interesting to see what happens next week, but we'll arrive in a state of preparation.

Canal Winchester...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How are the mosquitoes in Coz right now?

We have been here a couple of days and not needed any repellent so far

West Michigan
Level Contributor
506 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How are the mosquitoes in Coz right now?

didnt see any mosquitos last week, BUT the bees were out in full force.

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How are the mosquitoes in Coz right now?

As we've discussed here many, many times, the repellent has to have deet and even OFF Woods won't stop them. I had that on me one year and my family and you would think we had icing rubbed on our arms and legs.

I like to get the repellent from Mega or Chedraui...Autan, or Family...something, sorry, forget the exact name. But it's THE BEST! Just do a search here and find those discussions if you're still uneasy or need more info. Someone will probably remember the name, but I think these days, I'm incapable of remembering much of anything. lol.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
96 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How are the mosquitoes in Coz right now?

Only had three bites over the last week - and they normally feast on me. Actually worse this past Christmas than now.

7. Re: How are the mosquitoes in Coz right now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2013, 10:24