We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palace Time shares and fishing???

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Palace Time shares and fishing???

We will be honeymooning to the cozumel palace from april 29- may5th. we are very excited and hope to have a great time. one of the things i am curious about to those of you that have been, will there be lots of people trying to push timeshares on us? we are just looking to relax and enjoy our selves but i have read that you have to sit through a presentation in order ti redeem your $1500 in credits.. anyone with any advice?

also if anyone would personally be able to recommend for a first timer... bottom fishing or deep sea fishing? we are looking to rent a charter for about 6 hours and dont really know the best route to take.

thanks all!

Cape Girardeau...
Level Contributor
335 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palace Time shares and fishing???

Can't help you with the boat but I am sure there is one to be found. As far as the "time-share" push you will be just fine with a simple "no thank you" and your resort credits are not dependent on your going to a presentation. You should get the credits when you check in and use tham as the resort prescribes. Have a good trip. Cozumel Palace is a great place and the food and service are fantastic.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palace Time shares and fishing???

thanks! i have also heard that there are other options for the credits that are not commonly advertised... any idea on the best way to spend these credits (i dont think we will be doing the lobster dinner)?

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palace Time shares and fishing???

There have been many questions in the past about the credits. It might help to use the search box above and type in Cozumel Palace credits and then you are able arrange the posts by date. Have a wonderful time and congrats!

Level Contributor
34 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palace Time shares and fishing???

You don't have to go to the presentation to redeem your credits. If you don't want to go then be firm and just say, no thank you. Do your research before you leave, there is info on the Palace website and lots of info on the forums. Enjoy your vacation!

5. Re: Palace Time shares and fishing???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 11:07
Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palace Time shares and fishing???

we have been to palace resorts many times. to the best of my knowlege they don't require you to take presentation. They do change the rules alot though. Beware the Personal guest services desk they are timeshare ... only time share, not there for you. BTW we won't go back as the resorts have become very unpredictable as far as promised benefits vs. actual benefits. That said it is a beautiful resort, just as long as you say NO to presentations.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
237 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palace Time shares and fishing???

As others have stated, they may try to make you believe that you need to sit through the presentation, but you don't. My advice would be to skip the "sit down" with the "Guest Services" people and go straight to the activities desk to sign up for something. The guys there will expedite getting your credits activated. That is what we did and it worked great, took the timeshare pitch completely out of the equation.

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palace Time shares and fishing???

The $1500 credits has absolutely nothing to do with a timeshare. That is part of your package you are paying for already. If you are interested in a timeshare presentation, they would probably offer you transportation to another Palace on the mainland or something else for "free". However I have never had any pressure to do so. One time we did it by choice since we had never been to PDC. As with anywhere, if they offer you something for "free", tell them you are not interested!

As with any timeshare, if you appear to be the least bit interested, of course they are going to try and persuade you to go as with any commissioned sale because that is there job. There are usually on 1 or 2 people there in that capacity and they are sitting right in the desk in the middle of the lobby. The others including the bellman and the guest services desk over to the side (in front of the restaurants) are just part of the hotel and trying to make your stay great!! They are wonderful and will help you in any way they can with not strings attached.

Just remember these terms if you are shopping in mexico "almost free" = "bargain" or junk and "free" = timeshare.

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palace Time shares and fishing???

Just to clarify, the desk over to the side in front of the restaurants, is sometimes referred to as "guest services" as are the timeshare sales out in the middle. Berenice is actually the public relations manager and she works as a concierge type person. She has helped with many things including contacts or making calls off the property, especially if you need a translator. She has set up appts for me off property, as well as arranged for pharmacy deliveries or other items you may need or cannot find. She has contacted the airport for information, etc. I have never had any room problems, but I would expect she would be the first contact. All with no strings attached. Of course I have tipped her, but it has never been expected.

ft worth, tx
Level Contributor
432 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Palace Time shares and fishing???

Our son went to the Palace for their honeymoon in Oct. They had a blast.

They said they have never been treated so well. One night he asked why did they not have a certian steak, they replied, we will get it for you. And the next night they had the filet.

They did the dolphin swim, which he said was amazing. They did the couples massage and the swim with the sting rays.

We are going to the Palace next month, and we can't wait.

You are going to love Cozumel and the Palace.

Congrats.