We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kiteboarding?

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Kiteboarding?

Cozumel has always been touted as a top diving and snorkeling destination. An article in today's Fort Worth Star Telegram by Patricia Rodriguez (formerly of Mesa 17) told of Cozumel being a top destination for kiteboarding also. Here is a link to the article. (dfw.com/mld/dfw/living/travel/14191904.htm)

Two kiteboarding operators listed were Raul de Lille (www.kitecozumel.com), and Adrian Angulo (www.cozumelkiteboarding.com)

This is something I would like to look into during my upcoming trip to Cozumel. Has anyone ever done this or know anything about the above listed operators? Is there anyone else that someone could recommend?

Rockwood, Michigan
Level Contributor
696 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kiteboarding?

Isn't Adrian the same person that owns Especias? If so I have heard nothing but good things about him.

He has been posting recently on www.travelnotes.cc board.

I know he does do the kite boarding so I have to assume this is the same person.

Good luck.

Cozumel Island
Level Contributor
633 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kiteboarding?

I know both of those guys personally. They are both skilled kiteboarders and are both great guys.

Michigan
Level Contributor
943 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kiteboarding?

Adrian took us on a tour while we were in Cozumel. His kite shop, Pakal Kites is very nice and yes he does own Especias restaurant, which just reopened!!!

I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him. A friend of ours had a great time kiteboarding with him. It was his first time to Cozumel and to kiteboarding and he can’t wait to get back and do it again.