We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellent Spearfishing Video

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,969 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Excellent Spearfishing Video

I assume this guy is an avid outdoors man, but his video and narrative skills are very interesting. He shoots and narrates his underwater spearfishing experiences in Cozumel.

Some of the fish they take are incredible. It's long, but worth a view.

http://youtu.be/AaYyOUKXAmk

Edited: 26 April 2012, 11:44
Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellent Spearfishing Video

I watched this video on FB the other day too.. it really is cool!

ft worth
Level Contributor
977 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellent Spearfishing Video

Great video! What a coinsidence he was filming when that glass bottom boat incident happened..Thanks for sharing.

Edited: 26 April 2012, 22:52
cincinnati
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellent Spearfishing Video

Great video ! Hey Mark I seem to recall you doing this- wondering a few things - looks like you need to be able to hold your breath at least 3-5 mins. and to defy the laws of suba never to hold your breath how do you make an 80 ' acent without doing some damage?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellent Spearfishing Video

There's a beginners spearfishing trip my bf and I want to try but I am wondering the same thing. I can't hold my breath very long!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
5,972 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellent Spearfishing Video

If he is not on SCUBA then the never holding your breath rule does not matter as he is not breathing compressed air at depth. He is breathing surface air so lung expansion is not an issue.

B.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,969 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellent Spearfishing Video

I've done it a number of times. I can get down to maybe 35'. Wish I did it more so I could practice. A lot of places Leo goes are in the 15-25' range. Well within the range of most people with a little practice. Leo is a good and patient instructor. So is Rodrigo.

Nothing like fresh fish you caught yourself. We just scale and gut them and let the restaurant do the rest.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excellent Spearfishing Video

Sounds great! It's definitely on my short list of things I want to do before I die. :)

8. Re: Excellent Spearfishing Video

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 06:17