We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cooking class in Cozumel not to be missed!!

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NYC Pal
Level Contributor
27 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Cooking class in Cozumel not to be missed!!

OMG- The best experience you'll ever have if you're a foodie!! I spent a half day with Josephina at her home. We went marketing for the ingredients we'd need, and not to supermarkets like we have here, but small shops (hole in the wall authentic places you'd never go into by yourself), and a tortilla "factory." Then we walked back to her home and cooked cold and hot foods with ingredients that I'd not used before (hello dried hibiscus blossoms and nopales!!) You get to pick your main entree before you go marketing. She's warm and so knowledgeable (writing a cook book I believe). And did I mention, this was a PRIVATE class- not with 100 other people from the cruise ship!!!!! cozumelmycozumel.com/Pages/CozumelCookingCla…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
255 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cooking class in Cozumel not to be missed!!

So what did you learn to cook ?

NYC Pal
Level Contributor
27 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cooking class in Cozumel not to be missed!!

Chicken mole, Salsa verde cruda, a pineapple appetizer, cold cheese dish (Oxacan queso fresco), black beans, rice, guacamole, nopales salad, hibiscus tea, tortillas, and ofcourse, the best margaritas we'd ever had :)

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. George's
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cooking class in Cozumel not to be missed!!

We did this class last year and agree it was one of the best activity. What kind of margarita did you guys make? We made the pina margaritas and it was deeeeelicious!!

NYC Pal
Level Contributor
27 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cooking class in Cozumel not to be missed!!

We made the traditional margaritas- Equal parts of simple syrup, tequilla, fresh lime juice, triple sec. Blender. Pour over ice. Salted rim.

Doesn't get any better than that folks!!!! :)

Toledo, Ohio
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Cooking class in Cozumel not to be missed!!

Going to do a day trip to Cozumel from play de Carmen ...I'm interested in local art for sale, any good shops?

MinneSNOWta
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Alexandria
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cooking class in Cozumel not to be missed!!

Thanks for posting Copenhagen123 - this is on my bucket list of things to do whilst on a long term stay, someday, hopefully soon.

Did you take any pics of what you made or while preparing it? Would be fun to see :)

Missouri
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cooking class in Cozumel not to be missed!!

hi i will be in cozumel very soon can you tell me how to get in touch with this person and how much the class is?

thank you

diversharon@cableone.net

Waltham...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cooking class in Cozumel not to be missed!!

We are visiting the Coz next week and signed up with Josephina through the "Cozumel my Cozumel" website. She seems to be very accomodating to dietary needs as well (we are vegetarian). Looking forward to testing those fabled margaritas!

Waltham...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cooking class in Cozumel not to be missed!!

We are visiting the Coz next week and signed up with Josephina through the "Cozumel my Cozumel" website. She seems to be very accomodating to dietary needs as well (we are vegetarian). Looking forward to testing those fabled margaritas!

10. Re: Cooking class in Cozumel not to be missed!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 16:16