We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ernesto's auto rental

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Taunton...
Level Contributor
834 posts
253 reviews
Save Topic
Ernesto's auto rental

Looks like nice jeeps, and reasonable price.. anyone had an experiences positive or negative with them?

connecticut
Level Contributor
341 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ernesto's auto rental

My suggestion would be to search this site for Isis - you won't find a better deal or a more trustworthy person to work with. Keep in mind when you see pricing online it normally does not include insurance or not enough insurance. Have Fun! PS Ernestos does have great breakfast and fajitas so you can spread the wealth!

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ernesto's auto rental

But- Isis doesn't have many (any?) Jeeps and if jeff is staying near Ernestos he might not want to take a cab all the way into town. Jeff- you can't beat Isis. You might like to try the search box above to find posts about Ernestos Jeeps. We rented a Jeep and hated it. VERY bumpy ride and you can't easily lock up your belongings in a Jeep. And they cost so much more than a car.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,007 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ernesto's auto rental

ISIS has one jeep but if you let her know in advance, and its not available, she will get one from her brothers company at the same price. Agree, you cant go wrong with ISIS and Margarita.

Taunton...
Level Contributor
834 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ernesto's auto rental

Thanks for the feedback, we have 3 kids and while we've always traveled to other countries and rented cars, we've never done so in Mexico, so we figured this could be a comprromise, and they love the convertible aspect of it.. we realize it will be hot, but we generally wear coverups etc, so I think we'll be ok... There were a lot of positive comments on Isis, but I always like to research others as well.. thanks again

McDonough, Georgia
Level Contributor
11 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ernesto's auto rental

Wonderful place to rent an open air jeep. We have rented MANY times and have always been pleased. While you at Ernestos you might want to try their fajitias....AWESOME!!!

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,217 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ernesto's auto rental

I'm a Jeep hater, too. We had one on our recent trip a couple of weeks ago. I don't know how old/big your kids are, but mine are 11 and 13. I got stuck sitting in the middle back with them as my mother got shotgun...and I was *terrified* they'd fall out. I hated the feeling of not having anything between us and the road.

It also dumped down with rain several days of our trip (a norte?) making an open Jeep not so much fun!

What about a convertible Bug?

Taunton...
Level Contributor
834 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ernesto's auto rental

Can a convertible bug accommodate a family of 5, ages 9/11/13, comfortably??

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ernesto's auto rental

We did a bug w/ 5 adults. The 3 guys in the back were skinny. It can be done.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,217 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ernesto's auto rental

Eh, it's a small island. How comfortable do they have to be?! ;o) I think the only real issue we had with the convertible Bug was exposure--I got sunburned pretty good, even with sunscreen and a hat. We put the lid over the front seats after that. We had exposure issues this time too with the Jeep, but it was much cooler and rainier than we've ever experienced before, so we got wet, but not burnt.

10. Re: Ernesto's auto rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 03:41