We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cozumel beaches

Kansas City...
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cozumel beaches

We are stopping in Cozumel 1 day of our cruise and i want to take my family to a nice beach. We have young grandchildren so i would like a nice clean resort atmosphere. Can we use the beaches at resorts if all the beaches are supposed to be public? are there any that let the public in for a fee?

MinneSNOWta
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cozumel beaches

Read thru this, bottom of the first post has pics of the beach clubs, hotel or other

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150809-i66-k50657…

Pinehurst, North...
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cozumel beaches

I guess in a way you would be correct saying you could use the beach. However, you would only get the sand and water. You would not have use of chairs, umbrellas, restrooms or even the bar. You could go to an all inclusive resort and buy a day pass if thats what you are looking for. I'm not sure which ones sell day passes. I have stayed at El Coz a few years ago and had some friends to come and buy a daypass. I thought it was too expensive. I believe it was $50 pp

Kansas City...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: cozumel beaches

Thank you for directing me to Larry's albums! They are a great info source

for anyone wanting to go to cozumel. my husband and i have gone several times (he is a diver) but i didn't have much knowledge of the public beaches.

We stayed at what used to be The Reef Club and i think they did allow locals to come on a day pass. i figured locals probably got a pretty good deal.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,937 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cozumel beaches

Paradise beach might be what you are looking for - not sure of the ages of the grandkids...but the blowup water toys are fun if they aren't TOO young.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,534 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cozumel beaches

Mr. Sancho's is good too, and you don't have to do all inclusive if you don't want to. My kids (12 and 10 at the time) LOVED it. Food and drinks were reasonable, and our waiter was attentive.

6. Re: cozumel beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 04:17