We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hello, my name is [.................], and I'm a Cozaholic.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Hello, my name is [.................], and I'm a Cozaholic.

I'll start.....

I'm known on the beach as "Queenee", but others call me Mom or Grandma or just TC.

My honey and I first found Cozumel nearly 20 years ago when a vacation to a different island fell apart. At the last minute, I found a "replacement" week through "At Home Cozumel"....an ocean front unit at the Coral Princess. The rest is history, as they say. We've returned every year - one week, two weeks, three weeks, a month. Now we try to get there twice a year - November and February.

We love Carnivale and have attended many times. We've even dressed in costume and walked or ridden on floats in the parade a couple of times. We can usually be found on the balcony at El Museo for the big final parade with my 1000 glo-in-the-dark bracelets for all the kids on the street.

My favorite sight after arrival -- riding in the van, when the airport road tees in to main street right at Cedana and I get my first glimpse of that amazing turquois water. I know I'm home.

I've posted some of my island and Carnival photos at www.tonna.zenfolio.com

Can't begin to imagine a year without beautiful Cozumel in my life. If we're lucky there is no twelve-step program to cure this addiction.

Glad to meet y'all.

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hello, my name is [.................], and I'm a Cozaholic.

I totally agree,the island is so addictive. I went for my first time sept. 2011 and have been back 3 times since. I aleady have my next two trips booked for june and sept. I got coz on the brain and can't wait to get back.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,109 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hello, my name is [.................], and I'm a Cozaholic.

My addiction is so bad I just went from Chicago to Cozumel for 3 days and 2 nights just to get a little fix. 9 times now in the last 4 years and hopefully a 10th in October.

I am thinking of starting a therapy practice and support group on the island. I think I will get enough clients from this site alone.

Edited: 10 May 2012, 15:58
Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hello, my name is [.................], and I'm a Cozaholic.

Totally addicted.. used to cruise to CZM for years. Finally did a land based vaca in 2005 right after Wilma and fell in love with the island and never got on another cruise..

Bought us a casa after 4 years of renting at el Cantil 3 or 4 times a year and now we go down every chance we can get.. in fact we've been there every month so far this year and May, June and JUly are no exception!!

I now know there is no cure.. I'm addicted and fine with that!

Jefferson, Texas
Level Contributor
262 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hello, my name is [.................], and I'm a Cozaholic.

We have been traveling to Coz for about 10 years. When we got certified to dive we started trying to go about 4 times a year, even just for a short 3 or 4 night trip since it is pretty easy to travel there from Texas.

It has been about two and half years since we have been to Coz . I feel like I have been cheating on Coz trying out new locations like Belize and Roatan.

We are going June 14-19 finally back to Coz, I can't wait !

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hello, my name is [.................], and I'm a Cozaholic.

a decade plus for this addiction. Finally pulled the trigger on a "mediocre" air fare just to get back there this year. It's just the best darn sure thing vaca I know of.

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hello, my name is [.................], and I'm a Cozaholic.

tejas diver will probly see you at hotel coz june 15-19th-saw u on scubaboard. can't get here soon enough

Liverpool, New York
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hello, my name is [.................], and I'm a Cozaholic.

Hello, my name is Maria, and I'm a Cozaholic...

...proud of it and willing to spend as much money as it takes for my fix.

Hubby and I came a couple of times, 2004-5, and stayed at Coral Princess each time. We fell in love with the island, the people, the water, the diving, the north end of the island...need I go on?

We were so upset during Wilma when we couldn't reach people on the island to check they, the island (and a little homeless dog I fell for) were ok that we realized we were hopeless addicts and needed to buy an apartment immediately.

We did just that and now go as often as we can, together or separately, with friends or alone. A fix is a fix, right?

We are counting down the years to early retirement, which is still a long way off. As soon as we can, we'll be heading down to paradise for good. In the meantime, we grab every chance we can to visit our little apartment (and I mean little) and just can't believe how lucky we were to happen upon that lovely, sweet island.

Oh sweet addiction!!!

If there's a cure out there, you can keep it. First, it wouldn't work on us, and second, who'd want it it?

Jefferson, Texas
Level Contributor
262 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hello, my name is [.................], and I'm a Cozaholic.

See ya there Okdiverokc :). I have never stayed at Hotel Cozumel before, have you?

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hello, my name is [.................], and I'm a Cozaholic.

I have stayed there 3 times I like it. Its not five star, but works for me. Ido the AI because its only 60 dollars more for the 4 day pckg and who wants to go looking for breakfast before you dive.I eat in town alot also.The omelet lady in the morn is awesome and during the day at the snack bar they will cook hamburgers, fajitas and such. It is walking distance to the square, but we always rent scooters. See you on the dock-i will be the big guy with gotee and probly ok state shirt.

Jefferson, Texas
Level Contributor
262 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hello, my name is [.................], and I'm a Cozaholic.

The AI is so cheap it is hard to pass up, even if you just get breakfast, lunch and drinks.

We used to do scooters, but my booty cant handle it for 5 days anymore, VW bug for me this time, lol

I will keep a eye out for ya ; )

Edited: 10 May 2012, 20:58