We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Checking in to hotel early

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ohio
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Checking in to hotel early

Our flight arrives in Cozumel at 11:29am. I know check in is at 3pm. Do you know if the Occ Grand will allow you to check in earlier than 3? Or if they have a place to change and store your luggage so you can at least enjoy the pool or the beach? We will be flying from 6:15am with hardly any layover in Housten. OR FOOD Thanks Lynn

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Checking in to hotel early

Most resorts allow you to check luggage ahead of time. Many allow you to check into your room if it has been cleaned, I'm not sure about the Grand though. We arrive at the Grand at 4:00 on Saturday.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,848 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Checking in to hotel early

Take food and water on the plane. Never assume that they will provide for those needs.

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Checking in to hotel early

We always take the early flight and arrive at the resort around 11:00 am. I have been to 17 different all-inclusives in that part of Mexico, and they all will issue you a wristband upon checking in that allows you to enjoy all the amenities of the resort until your room is ready. Most of the time it is ready well before 3:00 pm.

Most of the resorts have a hospitality room where you can change into your swimwear. Some have lockers where you may lock up your valuables.

It is standard procedure to leave your luggage in the lobby by the bellmans stand. Some will place it in a separate room. They will give a ticket, and place a sticker on your suitcases with a corresponding number for identification purposes. You can not even get into your own luugage without the ticket, so do not worry about anything happening to it.

I would email the Occidental Grand and ask what they offer.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Checking in to hotel early

It is amazing how quick a 20 will get you a room upgrade and earlier check in..I usually bring a carryon with snacks,water wear,and snorkel equip..At the very least,You can hit the pool bar and familiarize yourself with the resort..It is spread out...Tip the guy to watch your luggage...

ohio
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Checking in to hotel early

Thank you for your input! We will be arriving Thursday. I do have swimwear and a change of clothes in carryon. Will be adding some food. Can't wait! Lynn